Tesoro Silver Umax vs Bounty Hunter Tracker IV?

AZWIP

Greenie
Jan 25, 2010
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Fishers: F2, F70, F19 Tesoros: Mojave, Vaquero, B2 uMax, Cortes, Silver, Compadre, Conquistador uMax, Golden uMax

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is like comparing a grabage truck to a Caddy. The Silver Umax is ten times the Bounty Hunter unless you start getting up into the higher end ones.

MDinMaryland

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2010
Fort Meade, Maryland
Detector(s) used
silver Umax
I dont have the Tracker IV, but I do have the pioneer 505 which is one of the higher end BH detectors and a Lone Star. I would say the Silver Umax that I've been using for the past few weeks is by far the better detector. The nicer BH detectors have lots of bells and whistles that can do an effective job of hiding the severe lack of quality. I found many coins and about 10 pieces of jewelry with the 505 and Lone Star, but I was almost forced to dig any signal, regardless what the display said. With the Umax, I can tell what I'm digging 90% of the time without any display. I could never seem to get the 505 to tell the difference between a nickel and a pull tab and notching out pull tabs took everything else out with it. A depth display that indicates 2, 4, 6, and 8 inches doesn't help much. When it says the coin is at 4 inches, that could mean anywhere from 3 to 5 inches and that depends on the height of your swing as well.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
A

AZWIP

Greenie
Jan 25, 2010
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Fishers: F2, F70, F19 Tesoros: Mojave, Vaquero, B2 uMax, Cortes, Silver, Compadre, Conquistador uMax, Golden uMax
Thanks folks... I appreciate the feedback and will let my buddy know. This is very helpful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread