Tesoro Vaquero

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but there is always a but. When you GB on the dry sand you have to stay in the dry sand. You can try to hunt the wet salt water sand but will have to turn down sensitivity. GB on wet sand and then stay in the wet sand. Ya will get falsing by crossing over in most places. If your real lucky the beach you pick won't have a lot of black sand to mess you up.

Good Luck,
Sandman

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
I use mine om Gulf Coast beaches, not a lot of mineralization here. Follow Sandmans advice on GBalancing, and don't try to run hot, you'll be fine. Once in awhile I hit some concentrated pockets of mineralized stuff, but I just go past it a few feet and I'm running stable once again. I submerge the coil sometimes with no problems. If you have days with heavy onshore flow its best to try and protect the control box from the moist salt air with a cover, you don't have to dunk it to get corrosion..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread