tigershark coils??

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
seeker41 said:
new tigershark owner here and i was wondering what my coil options are? mine has the 8 inch coil and i need to know what other coils are available? all umax? sef? have an e-mail sent to tessoro but thay have not responded yet.
thanks, chuck.

Chuck,

Not sure if you mean YOUR a new owner of if the TS is new, here is why I ask: Tesoro is having a problem with the connectors on their water detectors / coils. Availability of new water coils for the TS and SS are sketchy at best. Repairs of older detectors are being hard wired and new detectors / coils MAY be hard wired in the future. You probably should go on a day by day basis on what will be available. Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe is right about the coils. You must have bought your Tiger Shark used as the new ones are hardwired. See Pic. However it might still be possible to get a coil for your Tiger with the proper connector if you contact Joe (USA) as he is a fine dealer of Tesoro's.
http://www.tesoro.com/product/coils/ :read2: Here is a list of coils and only use the ones for the Tiger but Tesoro does sell adapters for using the CSC. The adapter isn't waterproof.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys! i am a new owner of a used tigershark. just got two responses from tesoro and one states that umax coils will not work on the tesoro :dontknow: thought i heard different. thought i had heard of some sef coils being used as well :dontknow:
joe, please pm or e-mail me if you have any coils new or used available for the tigershark.
thanks, chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread