All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ahaulil said:
I was looking for a saltwater machine and was wondering if Tesoro machines have been updated lately.

They seem to look dated and I see reviews of machines that have been around awhile.

I realize that results matter, but I like to buy new tech (I am old enough...I like new toys)

You are in LUCK! The Tesoro Sand Shark HAS just been updated and re-released, with either an 8" or 10.5" coil. I was fortunate enough to get one of the first new machines out of Prescott, Arizona, and have been swinging it since May. Love it. Email [email protected] with your technical questions and Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• itty5.jpg
    itty5.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 298
  • itty5.jpg
    itty5.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 290

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ahaulil,

It would seem that with the pace of technology in computers and telephones, you would think there are major advances in the field of metal detector technology. There isn't. I think the biggest jump was from BFO to VLF technology, and probably the biggest advancement since then has been the advent of some mutli-frequency VLF detectors.

Most of the other changes have been largely cosmetic, such as the Target Information Display (TID) and depth indicators, both of which are notoriously inaccurate, but they seem to be improving slowly.

I guess the point of all this is that detector technology has not really advanced all that much in the past few years. It has maybe been tweaked and put to together in a prettier package with some nice bells and whistles, but as far as major advancements, none recently.

The nice thing about Tesoro is that they only update a machine when there is legitimate reason to do so. They aren't out with the "latest and greatest" every couple of years because the "latest and greatest" often doesn't make any significant advancements to the machine or the technology it uses.

Tesoro users like buying this brand because they know they are using state of the art technology in the true sense, and refuse to buy into a lot of overpriced marketing nonsense.

Rest assured the Tesoro brand will serve you extemely well, just as well if not better than some higher priced units.

Hmm, I guess I'd better mention here I'm a customer only and not an employee of the company. ;D

That lifetime warranty on their equipment and good customer service record to boot are nice pluses. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ahaulil

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very helpful replies, now where to get a good deal.

Are prices fixed by Tesoro like other Manufacturers?

I find it interesting such good saltwater machines come from AZ.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a company that makes great salt water detectors inland has nothing to do with the technology. Manufacturer are also held back on the power they can use by the FCC. The circuits can only be tweaked so far and then they are to difficult for the average user to use.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DetectorOCD said:
By all means, talk to the sponsors here, but Ebay will show the ultimate lowest price anywhere.

If you save $15 but have no one to call or email when you need an answer, or an extra battery holder, or clip, or whatever - did you REALLY get the lowest price? Saving money on Ebay is OK if you are VERY experienced with the machine you're buying, and if it isn't a knockoff made in China. :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Terry says, I would buy from a dealer over EBay especially for a new detector...............

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat the deals you get from a local dealer for the advice and help you get first hand with your new detector. They will even assemble it for you and make sure it works so you can drive home with it instead of letting UPS toss the boxes around as they try to deliver it....Even if you need to drive a couple hours for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread