Does Tesoro Sand Shark Find Gold?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had several PMs and emails asking me - "Is it true the Sand Shark will not find gold?" I was told by one forum member that he was told by a Whites Dual Field owner, that because of a pre-set pulse delay, the Tesoro Sand Shark will not find gold!

Now, I would have blown this off it I had heard this from one person, but now it's been seven! The last email said I never post any gold finds so it must be true. Well, it isn't true - none of it! I have a good idea of who is spreading these stupid rumors, and they will trip over their own lies soon enough without any help from me!

I have been hunting with my Sand Shark, since Rusty Henry shipped it to me in April. It paid for itself in 17-days..

Attachments

• upyours1.jpg
    upyours1.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 1,448

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course it finds gold! In fact it can find more gold than a lot of other detectors and finds it deeper too. I don't post pictures of my finds because I don't need to have my head patted.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Of course it finds gold! In fact it can find more gold than a lot of other detectors and finds it deeper too. I don't post pictures of my finds because I don't need to have my head patted.
T Soloman well you proved them wrong....Were they ever got a idea like that i'll never know......................I know what you mean Sandman ...I don't post finds either..............

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now those are some nice finds, not that you had to post them. I can't wait for my Myrtle Beach trip at the end of the month to give my Sand Shark a good try out in salt water, its doing just fine in the fresh water, I know I just haven't been around any gold with mine yet. Time and location and it will all come together for me. Have you had the chance to try it out west yet???

Cliff

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cdv1 said:
..Have you had the chance to try it out west yet???

Cliff

Not yet Cliff. Looks like Early September before I can get to Arizona. I am biting at the bit to test it against my buddy's TDI in a no rules, non-metallic cage grudge match... Stay tuned!

JKPK1

Sep 27, 2009
Florida
It will find gold or has for me in salt water. Very pleased with the Sand Shark I own (version prior to the hardwired coils)

PK

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a site that has been going after Tesoro and posting some really crazy stuff over the summer.
I guess it is because Tesoro works well and dose not cost nearly as much as some said detectors.

And more on YouTube are showing there Tesoro's and there great finds and how deep they are getting them.
This seems to have some on the run .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread