I cant email Tesoro--can someone forward this to them?

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't email Tesoro--can someone forward this to them?

This metal detector is pictured on Dec. 2009 W-E-T magazine cover. I used it in Virginia, Florida, South Carolina and Hawaii. Made great finds--jewelry and military relics. The armrest broke and I made an attempt to reinforce it and reglue it both with pvc glue and gorilla glue-used a homemade armrest (from pvc pipe) as a splint. Still after a few uses it falls apart. Otherwise the metal detector works great. Can Tejon send me a replacement part/battery box where I can fix it myself, or must I send in the detector for repair-I guess it is covered under lifetime warantee. Thank You,

defg.jpg

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't ya just do it the old fashion way and call them and explain your problem.

Here's all the info you will need:

Tesoro Electronics, Inc. 715 White Spar Road Prescott, AZ, USA 86303 1-928-771-2646

Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage cause by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party.

If you need to send your detector to the factory for repair, please follow these shipping instructions:

Be sure to send, at a minimum, both the coil with its cable and the electronics control housing. Unnecessary items, such as extra poles, need not be shipped. However, the new Cortés, DeLeón, and Tejón (and some very early models) require that the control housing remain attached to the upper pole/armrest assembly.
Include a note to the repair department describing the problems you are experiencing and under what circumstances. Details such as what mode, what setting, conditions, etc., are always helpful to the technicians, especially if the problem is of an intermittent nature.
Include your physical address (No P.O. Boxes), as we will return the unit to you by UPS (contiguous states only; HI, AK and Canada will be shipped via the US Post Office). Tesoro pays for the return shipment if within the US and Canada. If you are located outside the US and Canada, we will ship via Global Express Mail, and you will be responsible for shipping costs, customs and/or duties.
Include a daytime phone number in case our technician needs to speak with you.
Send to:
Tesoro Electronics, Inc.
ATTN: Service Dept.
715 White Spar Road
Prescott, AZ 86303

If for any reason there are non-warranty charges,
we will contact you before proceeding with the repairs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread