Vaquero

Len

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2007
Chestertown, Md.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Sand Shark, F-75
Had a Vaquero a couple years ago and sold it, was sorry the minute I got rid of it. I got my new one today and if I remember correctly while in the all metal mode should't I hear the treshold? The only way I can hear the treshold is when I push the pin point button is this normal or do I have a problem?

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct. In all metal mode you should adjust the threshold for a steady tone hum. The adjustment should be between 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock or there abouts. If you can't achieve this you may have to send it in for service.

OP
OP
L

Len

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2007
Chestertown, Md.
Detector(s) used
I remember how to supertune and ground balance the machine now problem there, I turned on the unit the first time and got the battery check tones I'm in the all metal mode (the disc. knob turned to the left until it clicks as if turned off). My problem is the only time I can get a threshold sound to ground balance the unit is with the pin point button pressed, while in all metal mode all I get is the battery check tones and nothing else, if I turn the threshold button to the right all the way I get no tone but if I scan a target in my test garden like this the threshold maxed out again I'm in all metal mode. If I reme,mber correctly the last unit I had when in all metal mode I would get the hum.

1953silver

Jan 30, 2011
New Jerey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Whites, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like it may not be going into All Metal. Try this test. In the Disc Mode, set Disc at 9 o'clock and the Thresh Hold to 12 o'clock. Now pass a coin across the coil. Start at 3 inches and gradually move the coin away from the coil. You should notice a diminishing tone/beep as the coin is moved further form the coil. Next, turn the Thresh Hold to 3 o'clock and do the same test. This time as you move the coin away from the coil it should maintain a consistant volume tone/beep. If this test works, your Thresh Hold adjustment is probably working, and the switch that sets it in All Metal may not be working correctly.

OP
OP
L

Len

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2007
Chestertown, Md.
Detector(s) used
53, I took the unit out today for about an hour and everything works ok except it won't go into all metal mode, I have to ground balance and set the threshold with the pin point button held in. I think it has to be the switch but this seems funny since the discrimination works fine. Since I can run the unit like this I'll probally use it to the weather turns cold and then send it in for repairs.

1953silver

Jan 30, 2011
New Jerey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Whites, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good, so you've narrowed it down. Just give Tesoro a call when you're ready. Rusty is a great guy there and will take excellent care of your "V". It might just be a bad solder connection.

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a problem Len. Keep us posted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions