tesoro cibola

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! Set your discrimination just below nickel. This means you will still dig nickels, pulltabs - and Gold. Set your Threshold to th 3pm position, and your senitivity to 10. Use headphones if you can, and listen to the slight difference in tone quality between gold (your wedding band), a pulltab, a bottlecap, a dime, quarter, and silver. Listen and Learn. The length of the tone, the strength, the quality (higher tone, lower tone, crackly, solid), all mean something. Good Luck with this GREAT machine!

OP
OP
C

catch

Nov 1, 2012
PONCA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry, Its gonna take awhile to learn the tone differences but im gonna do it. I use headphones so i can hear the lower tones better. I have alot of old metal, especially nails and pipe in the areas i search so i gotta learn how to discriminate those out.

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with mine just slightly above the iron setting, threshold all the way cranked up as well as sensitivity. If it starts chattering turn the sensitivity knob back slightly until you knock the chirps out. This is called Supertuning and will give you the most depth. It will render your pinpoint useless, but you don't need it. You can find the target easily by X-ing the area you get a signal.

**Edit**
P.S. - Congratulations on your new purchase. What you don't realize it that you have one of the very best metal detectors available with some of the best discrimination available. I wish you hours and hours of fun and get used to digging because this little Monster goes DEEP! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread