Vaquero

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
You got yourself a great detector.One of,no maybe my favorite detector of all time and i have been messing with detecting since the mid 70's.If you decide to get any additional coils the 10x5 elliptical or the 12x10 widescan.The vaq will keep up with any detector on the market as far as depth and sensitivity because it has the analog electronics which seems to be to me better than the digital type that loses sensitivity and depth.But the vaq is one of the best all terrain detectors.But no vlf detector will perform in wet salt sand.So good luck,and get to some old ground and show us what it will find.O:-)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York - and Congratulations! :icon_thumright:

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from NJ. Congrats on the Vaquero, it is a great machine. Mine is with me all the time, even if its just for backup.

Crimson!

Greenie
Sep 10, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Silver U Max and Vaquaro, Whites MXT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still learning, but I love mine. The areas that I hunt are pretty trashy. I got the 5.75 concentric coil and it is like a different machine. I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I think you would have to spend a lot more money to beat the Vaquero. Good luck and show us your finds!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still learning, but I love mine. The areas that I hunt are pretty trashy. I got the 5.75 concentric coil and it is like a different machine. I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I think you would have to spend a lot more money to beat the Vaquero. Good luck and show us your finds!
Yes, I totally agree (except I have the 5.75 widescan), I switched back to my stock 9x8 coil for about 5 minutes awhile back...then right back to the 5.75 widescan! It is a great machine as it comes from the factory, but the 5.75 really kicks it up a notch!

OP
OP
R

RobG

Nov 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to the beach (dry sand) for couple of hours.

I have found a few clad coins, some buried cans, & lots of rusted metal that is everywhere on the beach.

I am learning the machine slowly.

I am having fun, off the sofa/computer getting some exercise.

Love this forum.

RobG :-)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vaquero and the cibola are sooo worth the money! I love how lite they are and the fact that they still have awesome performance. The Vaquero is the better of the two because of the ground balance. Great machines for back packing into the deep woods or field hunting all day.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, like many others have stated, you may need a bigger shovel!

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, like many others have stated, you may need a bigger shovel!

I don't think he MAY need a bigger shovel. I KNOW he will need a bigger shovel. LOL

OP
OP
R

RobG

Nov 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do I need a bigger shovel?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread