Anyone get the OUtlaw?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

I have been out of the loop for a little while. What are your experiences with the Outlaw? What does it compare to? I used the Tejon for a while but didn't really like it, it was way too sqwaky for my liking. I'm looking to get another Tesoro, so give me some recommendations.

thanks,

Pulltab

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, maybe sqwaky isn't the right word. It was a really good quarter finder, I mean a quarter magnet, but in trashy areas, it was noisy. I tried to decrease the sens. and a few other adjust. but it just never seemed to fall in together for me. I love Tesoro (cus they make a good product and their rugged) and I'm looking to get another, but I think i need to get something that is more all around hunting (considering the outlaw) which could lead me to the Vaq.

Let me know what you think.

P.S. believe it or not, I haven't done bad with my Prizm III, but I don't like the weight or bulkiness of White's.

thanks

Pulltab

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As an all around machine I recommend the Vaquero. I've been experimenting with other machines lately but the Vaquero is always with me, and is my go to detector.

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the input Jersey, I have been looking at the Vaq. The quest continues. . . . .

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the Outlaw this fall and really like it. It's my first 'real' detector - My harbor freight 9 function detector was my gateway drug to my MDing addiction. I've used the 8" and the 12"x10" coils but haven't used the 5" one. Having the 3 coils AND the lower poles make it a snap to switch out.

It's light and has been a great machine for me. I've been able to replicate the discrimination of a quarter and dime as shown in the videos by 53silver. I'm very happy with the Outlaw. But, I've never swung the Vaquero so I can't compare it to that. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the input J!

bstover

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro outlaw, Tesoro Silver Umax, Minelab Safari, Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at the outlaw as well. Sure do like the features.

bstover

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro outlaw, Tesoro Silver Umax, Minelab Safari, Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got My outlaw ordered waiting on it to arrive!!!! And my BlackWidow headphones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions