Programming Error Suspends Production of Golden uMax

Allcav

Jun 14, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry for any confusion. This has gone farther than it should have. Your machine will still function properly. DO not send it in if you don't notice anything wrong. So, DO NOT SEND YOUR UNIT IN!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I wasn't going to send it unless informed that my detector was involved in the problem. The s/n of my Golden is 197827 and I bought it in February 2012.

OP
OP
D

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Just wanted to add that I was aware that the Golden is an analog machine; the only reference to a microprocessor is with respect to the battery check. So it was hard to imagine where a programming error could lie. Just to be sure, I inquired about any possible problems.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Maybe a programable chip that drives and creates the tones.We need to at least know if there might be a problem that we need to look out for,on these new tone versions.Don't just leave us hanging!.We need a straight answer on this. :-Q

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think folks here have jumped the shark on this. The problem is most likely a "Programming Error" in software for the very expensive and complicated machine that actually prints the boards for the Golden - and all of the company's many machines. That could easily take the Golden's production out for one or two cycles. Robert has already said that there are no problems at all with new machines - or old ones. Let's wait and see what they say before administering oxygen..

Last edited:

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this like a cover up??????????

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just waiting on the YouTube video explaining the theories behind the cover up to go viral. :tongue3:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Soloman said:
I think I jus wet myself a little.. :laughing7:

Sad that another catfish has made such a mess of things.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think they want all current Golden owners to report to those FEMA camps.8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread