I went with the Vaquero. . .

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

I finally decided on the Vaquero. I contacted Miller MDZ and picked it up along with the 5.75in conc. I'm probably going to pick up the 10X12 here soon as well. It was a hard decision because there are too many good machines out there, but Tesoro has a great reputation and make a great product. I have run their Tejon in the past and, man that machine was a quarter magnet. My hope is the Vaquero will produce as well and with what I have read, it will.

Now, I just have to wait for the ground to thaw, and I will get busy with some posts of the treasure!

thanks and HH

PTP

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the cult.. :hello: err, I mean club! :laughing7: Congratulations!!! :occasion14:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, you just drank the OTHER Koolaid! (the good stuff!). I like you have been looking and looking and can't make my mind up between the outlaw w/3 coils or a Vaquero with an additional 5.75" concentric. Both would be about the same price. I am sure you will like the Vaq., now if I could just decide!

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think what did it for me is I wanted a machine that could be a little more adjustable for going deep. The 9X8 will work for almost everyrthing (Though I'm going to pick up the 12X10 soon) but I knew with the power of the Vaq. that 5.75in is going to be deadly in trashy spots, so that is really what did it for me. I know the Outlaw was a nice rig, and the coils were a draw, but I knew the rep of the Vaq and its ability to find treasure; that was the ultimate deciding factor.

PTP

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy my Vaquero..it has found me some pretty great stuff. I'm thinking of going with a 10" Elliptical coil to help me even more in some mineralized trashy areas. I posted a video in the other thread someone made on getting the Vaquero. You should check it out

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking forward to getting out and doing some hunting, I just have to wait until the ground thaws. I have a rain cover, so I'm not worried about the weather, I just need it to warn up a little. Nothing worse that cold fingers. . . .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread