Took out the Tejon for the 1st time yesterday..???s

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:: I just yestreday tried my new/ used ,like new ,from a 15yr friend Tejon out for the first time Sunday {Ive used an Whites XLT for the past 5+ years } , so getting used to the new tone is strange @ this time . I went ot an older homesite [built mid 1920s] where I have hunted before w/ the xlt ,then only finding junk mason jar lids/peices ,brass what nots ,20c in clad & 1 1964d silver dime ???'bumbed out ,any way seened like a good place to give the tejon a try , after setting the machine up & ground balancing /sensit@ about 7 ish the detector did well [man the noises that thing makes]??? :oh the disc was set at foil alt/disc @tab 1st sig was a penny 5 or so inches then the next good sig was a 1950s type small brass buckle [ I NEED PRATICE PIN POINTING but was close or on top most of the time .1 thing the machine seemed to like deep small to med size iron like a nail bigger than 16 penny at 8 or9 inches and a small [a half dollar cut in half] solid iron peice at 9 or so inches this happend with several deep iron targets but the machine would discriminate them out at ground level but as said gave decent tones on both discs when deep ? Is this normal , this could be a good thing kinda when out in the woods CW hunting [deep square nails where something may have stood]. Im just wondering its most likely me and needing to get used to the machine. p.s. is there a good way to keep things from inadvertently turning the control dials ,the former owner used rubber bands under the dials in some way, but they still got turned by accident I had this same prob, with a couple other detectors and dont think it was ever solved= [the knob turning thing]......THANKS FOR ANY HELPFUL INFO Davers:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
use a rain cover to prevent them from turning. works great.

Cool I need to get one any way ,along with the smaller coil. THANKS ALOT

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deep iron is hard to disc out because of the Halo effect. All detectors will do as they see a better target. The plastic baggie over the controls helps.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK'S

The deep iron is hard to disc out because of the Halo effect. All detectors will do as they see a better target. The plastic baggie over the controls helps.

I was kinda hopeing that was not the case as my xlt acts the same way it just gives me a vdi # rateing usually a -95& bouncy into the plus #s & somrtimes pertty solid80+ out of 90+ . I guess Ill have to get used to the sounds. as usual ,Thank you for the reply.:thumbsup:

HALO12

Greenie
Feb 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The knobs have tiny allen head screws. Purchase an allen wrench that can loosen/tighten them. Loosen each screw, take the knob off and place one or two small rubber o-ring on each post. Place the knob back on and press down a little to create tension beneath the knob. I've used this technique on more than one Tesoro MicroMax detector and it works very well.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Great Davers!Here is a tip not mentioned in the manual.The Tejon actually has two all metal modes.The running all metal mode is a slow retune all metal mode.When you try to ground balance in this mode,you will notice it to be kind of weird and tough.This is because of the slow retune speed.To help you out,just simply pull the trigger back and go into fast retune all metal mode to ground balance the Tejon much easier. :-D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread