Depth on 10x12 concentric?

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Golden Sabre II with the newer big 10x12 concentric coil. I have yet to get out and use it as I am pretty attached to the Etrac lately. I DO like how concentrics pinpoint though. Anyone have some deep finds with this. I realize all Tesoro's aren't the same on depth just trying to get a consensus.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is impossible to answer with an answer you'd like. Due to the amount of ground balance anyway and the location it would be hard to judge how deep it would go. The hunter that could reach 12" where he was hunting might not have any targets deeper than 6 inches. The basic depth is as deep as the coil is wide.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's about how I make a guesstimate on depth too.

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
This is the best way I can answer your question:

I have both an 11" DD round and a 12" x 10" eliptical DD for my uMax detectors. The 11" beats the 12" elip in depth, sensitivity, although the 11" is too touch sensitive (it's the design not the shape) though I have no problem using it. An elliptical shape compromises too much.

Large DDs can't discriminate out bottle tops, E-trac should help you with tones and screen ID. Shallow-mid range targets are hard with those coils on uMax detectors, 5"+ targets would be it's niche, also small gold if you're going for that. I can get just about 8" on a large copper coin with my 11" DD, the 12" would be a bit less.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That doesn't seem like a lot of depth but sounds honest.
This is the best way I can answer your question:

I have both an 11" DD round and a 12" x 10" eliptical DD for my uMax detectors. The 11" beats the 12" elip in depth, sensitivity, although the 11" is too touch sensitive (it's the design not the shape) though I have no problem using it. An elliptical shape compromises too much.

Large DDs can't discriminate out bottle tops, E-trac should help you with tones and screen ID. Shallow-mid range targets are hard with those coils on uMax detectors, 5"+ targets would be it's niche, also small gold if you're going for that. I can get just about 8" on a large copper coin with my 11" DD, the 12" would be a bit less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread