jdo57

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2013
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the Compadre with the 8"coil. I also have the Compadre with the 5" coil and the Silver uMax. I have nothing negative to say about either of these two units. However, the constant chirping of the new machine for no apparent reason, along with the fact that I just dug 9" of hard ground with the discriminate set at maximum just to find a pulltab, has me really wondering if it's set right or just what the problem is. Is this normal? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After you pulled the pull tab out did you recheck the hole? The pull tab may have been disc'ed out and the original target may have still been in the hole. As far as the chirping, when you have disc. set up higher, like say just above pull tab, some targets that are being disc'ed out may still give chirps. These items conductivity wise may be just on the edge of your disc. setting. If you are in a real trashy area you will get the chirping. I have several spots like this, don't sweat it when you hit a good target you will get a good tone. Also I have found phone lines running underground to a house cause noise and chirping when you are near them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread