What Battery type do you use?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking through my Tejon operators manual [ printed in 2003] and took note in the Specifications list - "battery requirement= 8 AA [alkaline]" Does anyone use the Energizer Advanced or Ultimate Lithium type's in your Machine? I have been using the ultimate lithium in my Whites XLT for a couple years now with no problem [ other than when they die they die quick] .Also I have been using the Advanced lithium in my tejon for the time I've had it ,4 months or so. I'm just wondering if it's OK to use this battery type & if anyone else does? Thank's for any reply's Davers:thumbsup:

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as you don't use rechargeable batteries, you should be OK. I typically use Energizer OR Duracell batteries. (NEVER MIX BRANDS! For some reason some detectors act "wonky" when you mix battery brands. Lots of false signals, short battery life, sometimes not even working.) White's used to say not to use Alkaline, but that was several years ago.

I have used lithium photo batteries, but found they only last marginally longer than good Duracells. I carry a new set of batteries (1.5 volt and 9 volt in my gadget bag.) They always seem to fail when you're in the middle of detecting.

Rechargeable batteries (unless your detector comes from the factory comes with them.) They say they are 1.5 volts (for AA batteries.) They are really 1.2 volts.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you don't use rechargeable batteries, you should be OK. I typically use Energizer OR Duracell batteries. (NEVER MIX BRANDS! For some reason some detectors act "wonky" when you mix battery brands. Lots of false signals, short battery life, sometimes not even working.) White's used to say not to use Alkaline, but that was several years ago.

I have used lithium photo batteries, but found they only last marginally longer than good Duracells. I carry a new set of batteries (1.5 volt and 9 volt in my gadget bag.) They always seem to fail when you're in the middle of detecting.

Rechargeable batteries (unless your detector comes from the factory comes with them.) They say they are 1.5 volts (for AA batteries.) They are really 1.2 volts.
Thanks for your reply ,I also always try to carry extra batteries in my backpack when i'm out . Another plus to using the lithium batteries is they are about half the weight as reg, AA,s [both of my MD use 8 each] HH ..Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions