water proof compadre!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys i'm experimenting here with a compadre I bought from my father inlaw and bought water proof box set up and head phones to try but the problem I had was you can't disconnect the coil cord unless you go in the mother board and unsolder it so went over to my buddys house decided to cut a slit just enough to slide the coil cable through had to cut the clam shell in half and without thinking I cut the rubber too (which I recommend to take out first) but after cutting getting everything back in place I used gorilla glue to seal up the clam shells and and tightedned screws down then after that was done looked through a light to see if daylight was coming through and ther was a tiny bit so used a putty epoxy, filled in every crack crevice possible, slit opening, and screw holes as well using dental tools and picks let it harden over night and today put silicone over that looked like a just frosted a over grown Suzie-Q not the prettiest job in the world but i'm confident it will be water tite, we'll shall find outtomorrow, wish me luck! water proof compadre 001 (640x480).jpg

Attachments

• water proof compadre 002 (640x480).jpg
    water proof compadre 002 (640x480).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 94
  • water proof compadre 003 (640x480).jpg
    water proof compadre 003 (640x480).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 115

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll probably find a 2 carat platinum ring first trip. Ingenuity at work!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would a nice sweet trade off!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please do not submerge this more than 10 feet.. LOL j/k good luck

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told you it didn't look pretty LOL!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fear that the water tight box is going to make the detector to buoyant. That will only matter at about waist deep.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may work fine up to say chest deep wading. I wouldn't go much further though! HH

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's all i really plan on anyways, up here most of the finds my buddy was telling me in our beaches are knee deep water to waist deep where he is a semi pro diver uses oxygen tanks or a hooka system and dives at 15 to 20' in depth a lot and says theres not all that much at those levels to speak of but once in a while he'll come up with nice old gold 100 yr old ring somebody lost

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUCCESS NO LEAKS very happy didn't find too much but hey now I got cheap water machine that does what I want it to do

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No leaks well done kinda weird looking but hey gets u in the water right

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUCCESS NO LEAKS very happy didn't find too much but hey now I got cheap water machine that does what I want it to do

Might I suggest maybe a waded up paper towel or cloth of some sort inside your casing. That way if it does leak you have something to soak up the water until you can empty it? Don't fill up the whole unit just something in the bottom to help absorb leakage.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good idea, directly after I got out of the water wanted to inspect to see and nothing at all on the inside, YAY!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread