Cheap Lobo & Others Waterproofing

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all, I have already posted this on a couple of other forums and a lot of people liked the idea. I have a Tesoro Lobo super Traq and have used it for hunting jewelry and coins in the water at a local beach. Last year, I took the box off and hung it from a cord around my neck and it worked fine but I was always worried that I would fall and toast my box and I still was limited as to how deep that I could go. My wonderful wife recently picked up a floating inner tube like cooler at Goodwill for $10 still in the box. Today I took the box off, put it in the cooler, zipped the top shut except for the little spot to let the coil wire and headphone wire out and hit the water. I was using a 10 x 12 widescan coil with the long cable. The cooler floated a couple of feet behind me and the box was sitting about a foot above the water. Managed to even hunt in chin deep water. I was running in all metal and scooping everything. Got lots of bobby pins, some barrets, clad and a 14 kt gold wedding band. I went home for lunch and came back for another couple of hours and got more clad and a junk ring. This is the first time that I have used a long handle scoop in water that deep with 8 to 15 inch deep sand bottom. I have much respect for ya'll that are doing this in the ocean. One guy suggested that I get an AT Pro. My response AT Pro $600 Floating Cooler $10. steve

Attachments

• IMG_6694.JPG
    IMG_6694.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6693.JPG
    IMG_6693.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6695.JPG
    IMG_6695.JPG
    531.3 KB · Views: 69

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with the floating cooler while the AT Pro may not work on your beach. We used to float our land units on inner tubes just like your cooler in years past. Only thing wrong with you set up is the weight of the cooler till you get to the water.

Have fun and haul in the goodies.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread