tribe683

Mar 25, 2013
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre w/ 8" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compadre's best find so far

I have already posted this in the Metal Detecting forum, but definitely wanted to share this with my Tesoro brothers (and sisters) in case you didn't see it in that forum. I had deer hunted this area all my life and never even realized there had been a home site in this area. My dad, who is now 71 years old, told me that he remembered this spot from when he was a child and remembers there only being a couple of rotted floor beams remaining at that time. So, my father, 7 year old daughter and I headed to the location this past Sunday and he showed me where the well is still standing. From there it was easy to see where the house once stood (the only flat spot on the whole hillside). I started off finding lots of big pieces of iron and other trash so I made my way back toward the well. About ten feet past the well I got a very nice signal and here is what I dug up.

100_1429.JPG 100_1421.JPG

We were all very excited, especially my daughter who's favorite tv show is "Diggers" (forgive her, she's 7).

From what I've been able to find, it's an 1847 Presidential campaign token for Zachary Taylor and was for the 1848 election. I have more information about the token in the Metal Detecting thread if anyone is interested (titled "Found this 1847 token...), but I just wanted to give my Compadre some credit on the forum that led me to choosing Tesoro. I only hunted the area for a little over an hour and have a lot more area to check, so I'm excited to get back out there at some point.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Them expensive $150 detectors are amazing! That is one great find! Congrats.

OP
OP
tribe683

tribe683

Mar 25, 2013
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre w/ 8" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks VP and especially you rainyday. Your posts in previous threads were probably the most convincing when I was researching detectors, and is what drew me to the Tesoro brand. Thanks again, I believe I'm hooked.

Odds

Greenie
Aug 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger shark.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my compadre away from the beach. Especially in them trashy areas.

I love my Tiger shark alot to in the woods and field. It amazes me the depth I get on some items with it.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.I hope my compadre will be just as good to me.I just got it yesterday.HH.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.I hope my compadre will be just as good to me.I just got it yesterday.HH.

Don't worry Justdon it will. The compadre is simple and effective, real effective. This hobby should be something you enjoy, and simple keeps it enjoyable. Metal detecting is like an addiction. Correction it is an addiction. It's much like gambling (which I don't do) because you never know what your luck is going to be. The only difference is that this addiction will pay for itself, plus you get more exercise than you do gambling. The compadre will pay for itself- guaranteed!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is a good detector and it is nice to see some good finds that it has found. I keep one on hand for my kids or for taking it for others to use. I don't really use it because I have detectors with more bells and whistles, things that can break basically.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread