Second Cell Phone

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I've been metal detecting for many years, but have only found 2 cell phones, and both in the same place. In January 2008 I found a cell phone near the swings in a local park. I turned on the phone, found it was a T-Mobile phone, and brought it to a local T-Mobile store so they could return it to the owner. This morning, same place but right under the swing seat, I found an iPhone, using my new tone Golden uMax with my recently acquired 7" Widescan coil. I brought the iPhone to an AT&T store and they will track down the owner.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been metal detecting for many years, but have only found 2 cell phones, and both in the same place. In January 2008 I found a cell phone near the swings in a local park. I turned on the phone, found it was a T-Mobile phone, and brought it to a local T-Mobile store so they could return it to the owner. This morning, same place but right under the swing seat, I found an iPhone, using my new tone Golden uMax with my recently acquired 7" Widescan coil. I brought the iPhone to an AT&T store and they will track down the owner.

Taking it to a AT and T. Store

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I found a new I-phone 5,with headphones at a tot lot that I always pick.It was on the ground semi covered with the shredded wood they had as a base at the tot -lot.I picked it up & turned it on ,it had only one picture on it,and I guessed it was of the owner,taking at the Apple store,no contact numbers at all.So I put it in my pocket and kept it on detecting.About an hour later the phone rings and a women on the other end asks me if I found her phone(Duh!),I tell her yes,and she tells me don't leave that there's a reward.Well I wait for about 20 minutes ,because she can't remember where it/ I was.Right when I'm about to call it quits,she pulls up in a truck an asks me if I found a new I-phone 5 ,I said yes & told her she looked better in person than on her phone,she thanks me and than ask's if I like BBQ,I said yes .and then she gives me a $20 gift card to Rudy's BBQ( a bbq place here in Texas).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread