Sand Shark

piratebooty

Oct 6, 2013
Hi all, I know there are discussions about water detectors, but I wanted your opinion about the tesoro sand shark in particular. Please don't mention the minelab Excalibur as it's out of budget. I'm trying to find a somewhat inexpensive detector for SALTWATER and the SS seems to fit the bill and has the famous lifetime warranty. Was looking at the ATP but see that a lot of people have issues with saltwater with it. I have an Ace350 and a Whites classic III, but want to start water detecting the beaches. Any input would be appreciated.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I know there are discussions about water detectors, but I wanted your opinion about the tesoro sand shark in particular. Please don't mention the minelab Excalibur as it's out of budget. I'm trying to find a somewhat inexpensive detector for SALTWATER and the SS seems to fit the bill and has the famous lifetime warranty. Was looking at the ATP but see that a lot of people have issues with saltwater with it. I have an Ace350 and a Whites classic III, but want to start water detecting the beaches. Any input would be appreciated.
I think you've answered your own question. Ive owned a SS it's built like a Sherman tank, very deep, long battery life, unaffected by saltwater mineralization and lifetime warranty. You will dig everything which may be ok out in surf where there's less junk. The coils and headphones are hardwired nowadays. I had a 10.5" coil and it was a little cumbersome in the surf. I also had a Tiger Shark with the 8" coil and it was much easier to handle in the water. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread