South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg
First silver ring for the Outlaw, the ring was in the same hole as a penny, the Outlaw was giving TWO peeps very close together and went out at around zinc penny, dug it, found the penny first, checked hole and the Outlaw said there was more in there , it found the silver ring at the bottom of the hole. Depth was around 4 to 6 inches the silver was the deeper item. So the Outlaw saw the silver ring under the zinc penny, ok I love this machine.
The red button DOES work and works well for pin-pointing in the all metal mode with the 8" concentric , just in case anybody wants to know.
With my first month of using the Tesoro Outlaw now behind me I find that this has been a very easy to use machine. It has given me the bug and a lot of good times with my wife who has been scoring the goods with her Compadre. As a noob the learning curve has not been as steep as it could have been. I think Tesoro has a point in the KISS attitude. NOBs are for NEW "B"s.
I think I maid the right choice with the Tesoro Outlaw and the Compadre.
"What did you expect perfection for my first post" sorry about the PHOTOs

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hobo, have you ever got a signal that sounds deep or faint in disc mode but it will dissappear in all metal mode? Descent signal in both directions with disc set around foil, but nothing in any direction in all metal.....this has happened several times and i have yet to figure it out.

OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hobo, have you ever got a signal that sounds deep or faint in disc mode but it will dissappear in all metal mode? Descent signal in both directions with disc set around foil, but nothing in any direction in all metal.....this has happened several times and i have yet to figure it out.

Yep! Try switching it to AUTO all metal then to all metal, I bet you'll solve the problem. For whatever reason, if you go straight into all metal mode , the threshold will default to the disc nob not the threshold, switching it into the AUTO mode then to all metal will bring it back to the threshold nob, not a problem just the way it is. This is a FUN machine! I picked a dime in Disc down to around 6" or more. It will get very good depth in All metal. I have had to stop using the 10x12 DD in local parks due to the deep holes I find my self digging. I run the 8" concentric with the threshold at around the 2 o'clock position, and the sensitivity at 7 to 10 on the dial. Disc setting appears accurate will disc out a zinc penny just after zinc penny on the dial. I will be on the negative side very slightly with the GB. What amazes my wife and I are the VERY small things that the Tesoro's will pick up. Peace.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip...My stepdad has one i have used a little it has no problem hitting a quarter that has been buried in my yard for 6 months at a measured 10 inches. Hits it good with 10x12 DD coil and 8 inch coil aswell!

OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what the? I went back and checked my photos and they are not upside down, so why did they post upside down? Anyone else post from an iPad?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread