Tesoro Air Test

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got in a new metal detector a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq (mainly for the claims). I have had my Tesoro Vaquero for quite a number of years and it's a great machine. I decided to do a air test comparing the two. Over all results are very close. The biggest difference was the 2 inch spread on the larger gold nugget. The main difference I believe will come out in the field on the gold claims where mineral soil will more than likely become a factor.. Here's my results.....Does this compare to other Lobo Super Traq and / or Vaquero's......

Items22.jpg TestPaper2.JPG

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm assuming you had the elliptical coil on the Lobo and the 8X9 spider on the Vaq? And were you testing in all metal or disc? If what I'm assuming is right, I'd say your numbers are in the range to be expected.
BB

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks about right. Remember that in Discriminate mode, the Lobo ST loses depth as it goes into a factory preset ground balance. In All Metal, it is a beast on gold

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming you had the elliptical coil on the Lobo and the 8X9 spider on the Vaq? And were you testing in all metal or disc? If what I'm assuming is right, I'd say your numbers are in the range to be expected.
BB

What you assume is right, for me I always use the all metal........Thanks luvsdux..

Terry....(beast on gold) is good to hear............Will try it in 3 1/2 months on the claims...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread