11" wide scan coil for bandido 2 umax

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Im just fishing for reviews on the 11" wide scan coil for my bandidi 2 umax , was wondering if it would be worth the investment , im just running the stock coil 8" at the moment , i've been reading that the 11" will go deeper on large items and about the same on small items like a dime , ok has anyone used one of these before ,, where can i buy one at anyway :) thanks folks 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-):tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:
Reed

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have one for my Vaq.
The concentric coils will go a bit deeper in low mineralized soil, although the area it covers at depth will be about the size of a quarter.
The DD coils have a much wider scanning field...kid of like a book hanging off the bottom, and handle mineralization better than concentrics.
The disc is good, but not as sharp as the concentrics so bottle caps will act and sound like high tone coins way more than the concentric coils, something that is true with any brand of detector using these coil types.
If you hunt wide open areas I believe there is nothing better.
That wide field lets you cover a lot of ground faster because there will be a bit less overlapping, and it makes me feel like I anm not missing much at all when I use one.
I might be, but I don't feel like I am which is important to me.

Using one of these coils on my Vaq I was running around like a madman looking for just one more good signal in a large wide open field at a park once, and when I say running I mean it.
I was also swinging way too fast but the Tesoro speed and the wide scanning field still alerted me to a target when I got a quick beep so I went back and examined it further and dug a hole.
My disc was set just above foil and there was a tab at the bottom of my 4" hole, but in the sidewall of that hole was also this gold ring.
I am convinced that without the speed of a unit like the Tesoro's or that wide scanning field I never would have found this thing moving the way I was that day.
Paid for the coil and more just with this one 14k find.

Attachments

• wedding band.jpg
    wedding band.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
What about Highly Mineralized soil ?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
As I said...DD's will handle that better and will probably get a bit deeper than the concentric.

Last edited:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What I am about to tell you is the God's Truth. My former civil war hunting partner is now 75 and no longer hunts. He used a Bandido II uMax with a 11 inch wide scan coil and was so successful with that combination that he found so many relics that he had to build a small building to showcase all of his finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread