This is complicated ....

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1. Okay bought a concentric elliptical coil on ebay ..thinking i would put it on an old bandido II non umax. They said the coil was 5 pin.
2. well guess what ? not only is the coil not 5 pin but it is 4 pin and it has male prongs instead of a female plug.
3. the coil is huge. It is 16x7 or there abouts.
4. I checked the Lobo and it operates closely in frequency to my tejon 1.7 kilocycles and I believe this coil may be for a lobo or one of the underwater machines. I can not find this CONCENTRIC coil on the tesoro website .
5. what was this coil for ? it is huge and heavy. It has a small hole for a small bolt so it must be an older model.
6. I dont want a coil this heavy but may as well try to use it. I have $50 invested.
7. What if I change the plug to female. I believe it will work on a Tejon. And maybe a Vaquero. help help help !

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It MAY be from the earliest Lobo and other gold series detectors. Several models had the connection you describe. I got a small elliptical off Ebay that matched that and called Tesoro. Rusty told me it wouldn't work on the newer models even if you could get it adapted. Fortunately, I received an email from a fellow that wanted and needed a coil like that and he traded me a 5 pin 8.5" DD coil straight across, so we were both happy. Good luck on trying to adapt it or whatever, but it's likely to be a dubious cause.
BB

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Call Tesoro at 1-928-771-2646 and talk to Rusty Henry. He'll provide you with the info you need. GL

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been thinking about this the last few days and I dont need another coil for the Vaq and Tejon. i was wanting a larger coil for an older machine. I still enjoy the old Bandido and suppose i will simply order a large new spyder / spoked coil for the bandido and our Silver. I believe that 5 pin will work on both. This big elliptical is simply very heavy. I mean Its huge and cant imagine what it is for , oh well i suppose a call to Arizona will unravel the mystery

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if the EBay coil had the right plug it wouldn't work as well as one that was calibrated for your detector.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The early 15 inch eliptical coils were for the Diablo and the Lobo. (Not the LST)

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is definitely for the original Lobo. Tesoro used to call it the "surfboard". It won't work on other models, even with the right connector installed.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a larger coil that will fit the Tejon Cir, 2005.?
Other than the Stock coil it comes With?

Davers

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can use the 3"X18" Clean Sweep Coil. But it isn't as deep as a concentric.

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Surfboard is a darn good nick name for it ! Its BIG ! Too big actually ! I was looking for a large coil to put on an Bandido ( original version ) so I could put a whoop ass on a few newer machines every now and then just for grins. I will find a use for it some time. Thanks for the help.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SM
What Good Uses Would That Coil Have?

I guess you could cover a lot of ground, Reckon how Deep it is say on A Hard packed Ball Field ' Common Soil Conditions'?
&
I suppose learning to pinpoint would be fun,lol.

Davers.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfboard is a darn good nick name for it ! Its BIG ! Too big actually ! I was looking for a large coil to put on an Bandido ( original version ) so I could put a whoop ass on a few newer machines every now and then just for grins. I will find a use for it some time. Thanks for the help.

So , that big coil U got Won't fit your Bandido?

The other day I looked on ebay and saw a pretty large coil for sale ' said it would fit the tejon' but it was Circular & say 10-11 inches Dia, If I recall Right.
but
I'm getting ahead of myself , I still need a Small Sniper Coil , saw some on ebay as well but I might purchase new as I would want the Warranty.

Happy Hunting Up there , I have a bunch of in-Laws who live in Chattanooga , Tunnel Hill And The Tn ,Al, Ga, Tri-State region.
Ever heard of Suk Creek? If spelled that way , my wife's Cousin Married a Gal, From back en Thair.

Davers

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a five pin sniper coil that I dont use. I hunt around Tunnel Hill all the time. Its about all gone. Dont find much there. I have permission to hunt 86 acres in downtown tunnel hill. Suck Creek was named because of a huge whitewater rapid on the Tennessee river. the rapid was called The Suck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread