wolfdog

Sep 24, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is what I found today with the cibola.went to two ballfields.I have only had the Cibola for about 2or3 weeks and it a fun detector to use. Still learning with it but having a ball. Sorry not real good with pictures any more:icon_thumleft:

DSCN1101.JPG

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tesoro's all are fun detectors. You are doing well, but if you hunt ball fields a lot, look into getting a Tejon as they are very Dewey. Also you should study the Minelab Sov GT.

Last edited:

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the cibola and it will be here tomorrow! I upgraded from an ace 250( I have a tight budget to upgrade to) do you like the cibola on coins and such?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keep at it, and soon you'll be able to guess what your target is, before you recover it....mostly!
We will (all) dig our share of pull tabs and bottle caps, but the thing is, our machines (was) trying to tell
us that it was a pull tab, but we didn't LISTEN! Yeah, sounds are a bit different, so use that as a helper
to determine to dig or not....
Thumbing your discrimination knob while sweeping over the target, will help too.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered the cibola and it will be here tomorrow! I upgraded from an ace 250( I have a tight budget to upgrade to) do you like the cibola on coins and such?

the cibola will blow the 250 right out of water. haha. have a friend down in texas. wanted to try a tesoro. i told him to get the vaquero. but he went from the ace 250 to a compadre. he said compadre is so much better. he actually gave the ace 250 away. within 2 weeks after using the compadre, he got the vaq.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fanboy here, your gonna love it . Deep with turn on and go!! My wife is always complaining about the depth of holes she has to dig. Keep it turned back a bit , it can be "super tuned " and you will get more depth in good soil but , it will be "chatty". She has found lots of cool relics with it. Very nice machine!! Post your finds when you can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions