Anybody used the Tesoro 8.5" round widescan coil?

lostbaja

Apr 14, 2014
Decatur, AL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax + Tesoro Bandido II uMax + Tesoro Vaquero + Tesoro Deleon + BH Tracker IV housed in a Pop Tart box
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any of you guys ever used this coil?

I want to get a DD/widescan coil for my Tejon, and I was considering this one or the 10" Elliptical. I haven't found any reviews online for the round coil, but found one for the 11" round Widescan on a Silver uMax and the guy praised it.

Would there be any advantage or disadvantage to a round DD vs the elliptical?

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the 8.5 µmax coil a bit, but not enough to really comment although it seemed to work fine. In theory, the round DD should be a bit deeper than the eliiptical, but the elliptical has an advantage in working through brush, rocks etc. My favorite coil on one of my other brand detectors is a 6X10 elliptical.
BB

roobinjake

Oct 17, 2014
south east kent uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro gold sabre ,toltec100 ,cutlass umax,vintage cscope3300,,fieldmaster55, fieldmaste44,fisher mscope1210x, cscopecs990xd, toltec 80 ,fieldmaster fm250, lobo supertrq , bandido ,vintage bounty hunt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i use the 8 1/2" dd wide scan most of the time on my tesoros, unless i go up the thames i use the small 4" concentric, i have the other types ,but i find the 8 1/2" takes some beating on trashy sites ,good depth ect, dont think you would go far wrong with the dd wide scan,

hope this helps you decide ,,, jake. uk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread