woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait till you actually use it.
Here are just a few of my finds with this thing.
Not shown is a few other gold and silver rings, my first 1800's Indian head, my first silver thimble, hundreds of dollars in coins and a lot of other great targets too numerous to show here.
Hope you got those tips I sent you.

Just did a little air test. Im happy with this! Sure does like my gold ring. went deeper with that then anything else.Though I didn't try silver. Your right about zinc being right at 3 o'clock!
TESORO COMPADRE

upload gif from url
BOUNTY HUNTER PLATINUM

image hosting free

Pretty close. Though I think the compadre is a hair deeper. I had the sensitivity on 8 on the platinum (thats as high as i could go in the house). and it was in discrim mode with nothing discrimed out. The compadre was on all metal mode.

Last edited:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodknack, when you air test make sure you are swinging the target at dead center on the bottom side of the coil. Remember the Compadre has a concentric coil that is deepest right in the center of the coil. Also try different swing speeds. Believe it or not swing speed in air test seems to make quite a difference.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup did just that!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel the 7" is the best of both worlds. Besides the Compadre, I use that coil on my other Tesoros a lot as well.
luvsdux

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the 7" is the best of both worlds. Besides the Compadre, I use that coil on my other Tesoros a lot as well.
luvsdux

I can't wait to get out and play with it. Winter doesn't seem to want to stop here in Maine.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to get out and play with it. Winter doesn't seem to want to stop here in Maine.

You will love it! I had the 5.75 coil Compadre & I really liked it. Found a very small silver earring with it & lots of clad. Dollar for dollar, one of the best performing machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions