Tesoro Tiger Shark

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Tiger Shark settings

just bought a TS

Took it out yesterday to a local river. Tried mostly gravel bar digs, with a bit of shallow water as well. Seems to work really good but not as deep as I expected, about 6" on a coin. I am not used to ground balancing so that might be the issue. I have only used a Whites MXT and that pretty much balances itself.

Any thoughts on this? Should I try to adjust the sensitivity/threshold? From what I have read, most people seem to leave the factory settings. If I change these can it be an issue? The soil around here is not mineralized so I think this merits cranking the sensitivity up a bit.

On my MXT I can run pretty high w/o any chatter issues.

Any input appreciated!

Last edited:

spanner

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll get the best performance with a proper ground balance. Simple to do... go to all metal fast, find a spot free of targets (usually this is the hardest part), move the coil straight up and down, if the threshold sound increases on the up stroke move the GB knob toward + or positive, if the sound increases on the down stroke move the GB knob toward - or negative. When you get the GB close tweak it so the sound doesn't change on the downward stroke. It will change and need to have the GB adjusted as you move, especially into and out of the water. Once you learn it it's really easy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread