pedrocarlos

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
o.png

61KXarXBr4L._SL1000_.jpg

61qqKi8FSTL._SL1000_.jpg

Very rarely am I a 'brand loyal' kind of guy, but I'm rapidly becoming that with Tesoro. In addition to my other machines, I now own 2 Compadres and will probably branch out into a couple other models in the Tesoro product line.

Lets look at both the practical and functional advantages that the Tesoro Compadre enjoys over other machines.

Practical Advantage #1: Lifetime Warranty.
This just cannot be overstated and really speaks to the quality levels that Tesoro is putting out. A manufacturer who is sincere about making a high quality product will stand behind that product. If you buy a Tesoro machine and 20 years later it breaks, send it back and they fix it, no charge to you. There isn't any other MD manufacturer who offers a warranty service that is in this same universe. Most all of them pad their bottom lines with profits from repair services. Tesoro is smart enough to realize that the consumer goodwill generated by a no BS lifetime warranty sells more detectors than whatever margin they might make on scalping consumers for repairs on an unreliable product.

Practical Advantage #2: Cost
Not much to say here. As of today, $151 shipped is the 'universally lowest online price' you're going to find on a new Compadre. You are getting a high-performance, serious machine for toy metal detector price levels. Why did I buy a second Compadre when the first has a lifetime warranty? Quite simple. I've seen this sort of thing before with other products, where very high quality is offered for a ridiculously low price

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yup. their not fancy either. but they sure work good. i understand that some companies will not even work on their own machines if over 10 years old. look at the popular units like the at pro, only a two year warranty. in 4 to 5 years if it starts acting up. you may as well throw it away and buy a new one for the price it will cost for shipping and to fix it.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yes! Hey I know eveybody has thier favorite detector and lets face it there are some fine machines out there but, for the money you can't beat a Tesoro. Heck Im even thier number 10,xxx and something fanboy!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread