Heres a new look at my old Cutlass II

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a new look at my old Cutlass II

The older Cutlass II metal detectors still make an excellent detector, nice audio, not squaky like current umax machines. Think that is one reason everyone likes the older Tesoro detectors analog audio.
The standard under the front of the handle mounting system works fine for the lighter Cutlass, Silver models. Then rear mounted on the same orig s-handle does make it balance better.
I have found when rear mounting on a straight shaft makes it feel even lighter as well as balancing perfectly. Gives a different feel while hunting and getting down and up again after digging targets.
My recent Cutlass was mounted on a Fisher 1280x-CZ20 straight shaft with handle. I like the flatter rectangular shaft handle, fits better in the hand than a round handle. Found the round handles seem to want to rotate
in your hand as you swing back and forth. Forces you to grip a bit tighter. The Fisher handle overall gives a better swing feel.

Attachments

• Cutlass2.jpg
    Cutlass2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 84
  • Cutlass1.jpg
    Cutlass1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 90
  • cutlass sshaft.JPG
    cutlass sshaft.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC01006.JPG
    DSC01006.JPG