My review of the new Tesoro 8 x 11 widescan

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

I went out yesterday with the new coil on my Vaquero to an old park we have here dating back to the 1920s. I decided I would use my Deus first and mark off some shallow to deep targets I would dig with my Deus and compare depth of the new coil and how it pinpointed. My soil here in Colorado can be a little unforgiving at times with lots of alkali patches mixed in the ground. Ground tracking on the Deus was reading about 91 and not quite halfway up on
the fe meter. I set the Vaquero up how I normally hunt with it, ground balance neutral, 1/4 turn counterclockwise negative, slight threshold and sense at 8 or 9. Out of the 10 targets the new coil was able to hit about 7 or 8 of them that I would have dug with a good solid tone. Two of the targets were just clicks that if I didn't know they were there would have probably passed right over. Pinpointing with it was a little different than with my other two widescans in which when I back off the target was always at the tip of the coil but with this new one the target seemed to be at the center of the coil between the two cross sections. As I would go front to back on the target it would get loudest in the center of the coil and that is where I would dig and it was dead on, almost like the stock concentric which I thought was different. All and all I really liked the coil and was very pleased with the depth of it. Two of the targets dug were good targets, a 1944 merc and 1931 wheat. Rest was all clad, a junk ring and beaver tails. Didn't feel much weight difference between the stock and new coil either.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice,nice!

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Can anyone share how the new coil does with the Outlaw?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread