Its Raining Cats And Dogs - Making It a Good Time To Watch Some Detecting Videos

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's Raining Cats And Dogs - Making It a Good Time To Watch Some Detecting Videos

This video reinforces why my settings of a slight audio hum on the threshold, a little negative on the ground balance, discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out most nails at clean sites and just high enough to discriminate out most pull tabs at real trashy sites is producing really great results for me in the field with my Tesoro Vaquero and modded Cibola. The Fors Core is quite impressive as well.

This guy does some really fantastic videos.:icon_thumright:

tabman

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice to see that vaquero stand up and beat those other machines. It also shows me that that using high discrimination does not result in any noticeable loss of depth. At least for the Tesoro's it doesn't....

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time it rained cats ands dogs, I stepped in a poodle... :laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Raining Cats And Dogs - Making It a Good Time To Watch Some Detecting Vi...

That must be one hot Vaquero! I don't think the Tejon I have will hang with it! I like his videos, they are quick and to the point. He may try his V break at 39 on the F-19 and do much better on separation on iron test.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fletch, my Vaquero is deeper on silver coins than my Tejon. Now nickels and gold rings is a different story. The Tejon loves low conductors.

I just recently got my 9 x 8 search coil tuned and put it on my Vaquero. It's one super hot detector. A properly tuned search coil will hit deeper and run quieter than one that's out of tune. It's worth the money to have one tuned properly.

tabman

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tesoro WINS AGAIN!!!

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the 9x8 stock coil on the tejon. It doesn't miss much!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may trade my MX-5 for another Vaq. I like the Tejon but never used the Vaq long enough before jumping to the Koolaid bandwagon. I like how lightweight the Vaq is and the push button pinpoint mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread