Which Headphones Do You Like Best With Your Tesoro Detectors?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

This one's easy, Killers are best. I did a small review of both the Grey ghost and the Killers and I felt that the killers were a better pair of phones. I also ONLY use the single cup design. My partner (wife) and I were at a school and some guy walked right up to me and tapped me on my shoulder before I knew he was there and it made me pee my pants. After that I only use the singles! I also carry a large machete a shotgun and 1911 .45 acp , just in case ya-know. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the "Optima" model - Killer B site_page12 I have used so many brands and models over the years, and I find these very comfortable and perfect for my hearing range. I can hear very soft threshold changes as well as negative breaks, scratches, and low/high tones more inexpensive headphones just can't produce.

callmez

May 25, 2014
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ironic to see this thread today -- I had been using some cheap headphones that were lying around the house when I bought my detector and just repairing the wires every time the connections got funky. Two days ago, faced with repairing them again, I finally decided this was a losing proposition -- so after searching this and other forums for ideas I ordered a pair of Killer B Wasps. Oughta be here tomorrow and I plan to give them a workout on Saturday.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the Killer Bee headphones and I wouldn't mind getting into another set. I have used a lot of Detectorpro models, but I like the Black Widows mostly, although I wished they weren't so huge (I look kind of like I have a Princess Lea hairdo when I wear them). I find myself grabbing the Nugget Buster NDTs with either the 1/8" or 1/4" cord mostly. I have a few sets of the Sunray Golds, but the headband is a little tight on my noggin. Reminds me of the feeling I get from wearing a kevlar helmet all day.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I use treasure wise, cost $25 bucks. Volume knob for each ear and well built. Better then some I have tried for twice the cost. This isn't stereophonic
music we're listening too. Heck, some machines have only one tone. I do believe that comfort is a factor for many. The ones I use, your happy to take them off after 3 or 4 hours which is about as long as a hunt for me. You never hear them mentioned though I'm sure alot are being sols.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my Philips SHS5200 headphones.
Light weight, cool-ish to wear all day , fits behind head, so you can wear your sombrero.
I sometimes forget they are on me...!
And the cord is VERY forgiving, doesn't like to kink, nylon-liike (sheath?).
A strain-resistant rig, keeps the contact from being pulled out of the headset.
Did I mention they are cheap-ish? Order on-line.
You'll like them!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never gave it much thought, just used the pair that came with the machine, until they broke.

Picked up a good older pair at a yard sale, not sure what kind, probably from an old stereo, and WOW what a difference!

I could hear so much better, especially the faint tones......good headphones make a big difference.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me I too have used many and settled on Detector Pro. I like Black Widow's the best for land hunting. Black Widow.jpg

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use killer b wasps for my tesoros.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After trying a few types....i settled with the Gray Ghost phones...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like the Blue ones that are hardwired to my Sand Shark...lol

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I use grey ghost originals and sunray pro gold. They both sound the same to me and they sound great. Got the GG about 4 years ago and they have held up fine.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
This one's easy, Killers are best. I did a small review of both the Grey ghost and the Killers and I felt that the killers were a better pair of phones. I also ONLY use the single cup design. My partner (wife) and I were at a school and some guy walked right up to me and tapped me on my shoulder before I knew he was there and it made me pee my pants. After that I only use the singles! I also carry a large machete a shotgun and 1911 .45 acp , just in case ya-know. :laughing7:

Well, you convinced me to buy a pair which I just ordered. I can't wait to try them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread