Tesoro Cibola - I Cant Put It Down

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Cibola - I Can't Put It Down

My modded Cibola has become my favorite detector to use. It's so much fun to use and does such a fantastic job at discriminating and separating targets.

It's hard to believe that a detector that's so small and a lightweight can do what it does. I'm amazed every time that I use it. I started the day off with one of my other detectors that has all the bells and whistles and wasn't having much success or fun.

When I switched over to the Cibola thing started popping and I started enjoying myself. In thick trash and nails the Cibola runs silky smooth.

The place that hunted today is in the older part of town and I've been over it several times before. I decided to concentrate on a really small area that looked the most promising. I wanted to clean out anything in that area that wasn't iron, so I set my discrimination accordingly.

My first good old coin was a 1912 Wheat Penny. It was around 7 inches deep and was the only wheat penny that I found today.

Right after I dug what looks like a old snuff lid, I got another good signal a few inches from where I dug the snuff lid. It had been masking a 1944 Mercury Dime. You got to remove the trash to be able to find the good stuff.

Right before I decided to call it a short day because of the heat, I got my coil over a Golden Anniversary Falstaff Token (1903 - 1953). It sure sounded good and I sure thought that I had some big silver under the search coil. Maybe next time.

tabman

Cibola%20Falstaff%20011_zpszjbnxxaj.jpg
Cibola%20Falstaff%20014_zpse4mmg1mi.jpg

Cibola%20Falstaff%20002_zpsaymeruz1.jpg

Cibola%20Falstaff%20006_zpsm6v0aoi9.jpg

Cibola%20Falstaff%20008_zpsjiu6lz07.jpg

Cibola%20Falstaff%20015_zpsobz7eesh.jpg

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tab! I like my Cibola also though it's not modified like yours. My friend Krystal uses it when we go hunting. Easier for her basically just turn on and go. Excellent detector though another tesoro that just seems to find the goods.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 3 keepers. :occasion14: Man you sure do earn your keep.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Tab! I like my Cibola also though it's not modified like yours. My friend Krystal uses it when we go hunting. Easier for her basically just turn on and go. Excellent detector though another tesoro that just seems to find the goods.

Thanks. I have a lot of faith in the Cibola when I start swinging it at a site. That has a lot to do with my success sometimes.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 3 keepers. :occasion14: Man you sure do earn your keep.

Thanks. I post pictures of my trash piles, so people don't think it's all gravy.

tabman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun is what it is about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread