Anybody using rechargables?

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Sort of a cross-post, as I started another thread requesting info on them (rechargables). However, I didn't consider replies may come from non Tesoro owners who aren't familiar with how tight a squeeze the batteries are (using Alkalines). Anybody using rechargables without fitment issues?

Thanks!

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using Tenergy 9 volt rechargeables in my F2. They do fit tight but other than that they do last.

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
So....no cracking sounds from the housing when you install them? :laughing7: Either of you notice any difference in operation of your MD's?

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
So....no cracking sounds from the housing when you install them? :laughing7: Either of you notice any difference in operation of your MD's?

No problems at all. I should have said that I use Tenergy " Premiums ". These 9v charge up to 9.2 - 9.3v & work fine in several different brand name detectors as well at pinpointer, & other items. I always carry a couple of spares with me . Used the same ones for over 3 years, now.

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No problems at all. I should have said that I use Tenergy " Premiums ". These 9v charge up to 9.2 - 9.3v & work fine in several different brand name detectors as well at pinpointer, & other items. I always carry a couple of spares with me . Used the same ones for over 3 years, now.

You happen to recall where you bought them from?

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use tenergys also in all my tesoros and pinpointers. Get them f4om amazon.com

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
Yes I use the Powerex 9.6 230ah batteries. I stared using them when I had my Vaquero and use them now in my Outlaw now as well as my garrett pinpointer. I haven't bought a Alkaline battery in close to 3 years. I have replaced one battery about 2 weeks ago. yes they are tight fit in my Outlaw but not so much when I had the vaquero.

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all for the help. I've picked-up enough Alkalines to get me past the holidays (so I don't have to deal with the already overloaded delivery companies, lol).

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I use rechargable batteries in all of my machines, including the Tejon, with no problems so far. I have a mixture of AA and 9v machines. I can't remember what brand any of the batteries are though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread