TESORO means Treasure...

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out today to a couple of homesites - we started at a place that had a sidewalk that led up to...nothing! Those area always suspect and in the last 5-10 years the city has removed a few abandoned houses, some of them dating back to before 1900 :headbang:

I used the Silver Sabre II again today and it performed like a champ. First place we hunted the ground was still frozen stiff - I had a couple of sweet targets maybe 3" deep, but getting to them was another challenge. I ended up stabbing the Lesche violently just to remove tiny bits of icy dirt to get to my prize - a beavertail for the first target and a rusty nail on the second. We left after my hunting partner and I decided to give it a couple more weeks for the ground to thaw - definitely will be getting back there!

The second place we went to was the site of a small house built in 1905 that burned a couple years ago. Trash was in abundance here, so I cranked the Disc to 7 and just dug it all. It took a little time to find the first coin, a clad CT quarter at about 2" deep. The ground was frozen in spots here, some better than others, but overall a LOT easier to recover items. My goal was to pull just one old coin from any place today, but I'm thinking that those will lie deeper out of range with the current machine (return trip needed!)

SAM_2287.JPG SAM_2299.JPG

After digging a few modern pennies, we decided to walk up the street a little and try out an abandoned house built in 1904. My partner had hunted this place before without much success, but the sun was out and the temp was nice, and we were having a good time despite the trash quotient and the frozen spots. I turned the Disc to 7 again and started going along. Got a few clicks and pops, decreased Disc to about 3, and dug those targets out of pure curiosity...tiny canslaw here and there but the Silver Sabre was sounding off on it confidently. Came across a good, strong target in Disc = 3 and noticed it disappeared around Disc = 5...thought I was going after more can slaw...but then saw a tiny band in the dirt. Could it be? Cleaned it off a little and spotted 10K on the inside surface!

SAM_2302.JPG SAM_2301.JPG SAM_2300.JPG

First gold of 2016! It's very thin, weighing only 1.3g and it appears to have a tiny diamond solitaire - probably an engagement ring. I also noticed the words "Love Story" on the inside as well, which almost guarantees the stone is indeed a diamond (not 100% though, knockoffs exist)

Went on to find a 1989 dog tag and a 1976 Peso which sounded like a nickel...Both of us found a few more pennies and a dime or two, and decided to call it quits when we noticed snow clouds moving in from the north...next week it is supposed to warm into the 50s and 60s before another small system moves in, cooling it down once again. That's life in CO this time of year - grasp the good days while you can, frozen ground or not! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

SAM_2297.JPG SAM_2298.JPG

Should have the F70 in my clutches by Wednesday - the anticipation is overwhelming! GL & HH

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax and fisher f44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely worth your efforts! Great finds. I would have been so excited finding that ring.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Taylor you did great finding that gold ring. Since you dig most every target like I do, you don't really need VDI numbers.

If you want depth and gold rings, get a Vaquero.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread