Bought a Tesoro Tejon

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro vaquero. Previous: minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,
My name is Øyvind Pedersen, from Norway. Been metal detecting for many years with the minelab safari, good detector but heavy on the shoulder. I own both the minelab safari and the tesoro compadre 5".

I have just bought the Tesoro Tejon and I cant wait to get it in the mail :metaldetector:

What can you guys say about the detector? Easy to the shoulder? Fast revocery? and how is it do identify stuff with only one tone?:-) Im excited!

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon is a deep machine in mild soil, very deep. It is a little tricky in not as good in highly mineralized soil. It is a machine that if it's tuned right is a beast and very few machines can hunt in heavy iron and separate as well as the Tejon. If you do not have the 5.75 concentric coil for it then you need to get it. It is a must have coil. Good luck and happy hunting

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I have bought IT with the widescan 11x8 coil

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canceled the tejon and went for the vaq with 11x8 because it's lightweight, 1 battery, more stable in various ground and goes just as deep as the tejon in disc mode. Will be my new main detector when I sell my safari

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way the safari has destroyed my shoulder, made me impatient with it, shows nonsense I'd near trash, 2kg of advanced digital slowmo converters. Used it for thousands of hours and I know it in and out. Just want everything that the vaq has to offer and that is all I ever need. Maybe weather proofing would be a nice touch to the vaq

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Canceled the tejon and went for the vaq with 11x8 because it's lightweight, 1 battery, more stable in various ground and goes just as deep as the tejon in disc mode. Will be my new main detector when I sell my safari

You did the the right thing.:thumbsup: You're going to love the Vaquero.

tabman

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Looking forward to it! :D so excited!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread