What Tesoro model or feature would you like to see brought back, any changes?

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, It is -2 degrees f. As I write this, with snow on the ground in eastern Ohio. So, in reading other posts and in thinking about what Tesoro might be coming out with next, I was reading about some of the past machines that are no longer made with some really cool features and thought... "Man, I wish Tesoro still made this..."

So that's the thread, something to do while we await the early spring "that the ground hog in PA" promised us...

My choice... Bring back the Adjustable tone break on the Pantera! Only, put it in the micromax housing, use the Outlaw disc, Use a separate nob for the tone break setting. Replace the red button on the Outlaw with a frequency shift switch, put a trigger switch underneath the housing for quick mode change (forward) and true no motion all-metal w/VCO for pin pointing and sizing (back). Change the three way mode switch to 1) auto tune all-metal, 2) Disc w/tone break mode, 3) silent disc, single tone (no tone break). When the detector is in this mode, the tone break adjust nob becomes a simple tone adjust, so guys can hunt with a tone that is most comfortable to them.

There it is, nothing new here, just bringing back some features and repackaging them in a way that I think would be a fun detector to use.

What are your thoughts...? :icon_scratch:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like you have a lot of time to do some serious thinking. I like the way you think. You have some very good ideals, especially the tone break!

tabman

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put my Golden Sabre in a uMax housing and add a Threshold all metal and I would be in high cotton.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Sabre µmax with ground balance and all metal switch.
luvsdux

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tone break would be nice....but I liked the all-metal toggle switch on the Eldorado umax and conquistador umax. Switch that out for the push button on the Vaquero and I would be happy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterproof CZ-6a with zero motion all metal. Not this 10 foot toy stuff.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, I don't think Tesoro made the CZ-6....lol.

Geez, your right.:icon_thumleft: Maybe I was thinking of what detector I'd change since I just came off the Fisher forum.

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005
One Tesoro I always wanted was the Toltec II, with a similar housing as the LST but with the analog meter display.

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wish they had put the two metal 'wings' that were on the old Stingray face plate onto the Sand Shark, would make body mounting a piece of cake.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you are describing a Bandido II Umax ...LOL

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro is great at reinventing their line. I would like to see something a bit different for a change from them. A dual freq. unit say having a choice between 8 or 14 or even 10 or 18. Maybe one with a toggle for choosing two tones when running disc below nickle. Something a little different. But just changing a toggle to a button, the freq, color, or even the name is not impressive. I did not run out and buy the black vaquero when I already have a gray one. Certainly not going to take a loss selling a perfectly good working detector to pay more for the same detector because it's a different color with a different coil on it. When you can buy just the coil itself, put it on the one you already have. I for one would like to see something brilliant from them for a change. But hey, like the old saying goes " if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle some of them with BS." That seems to be Tesoro's motto over the past while... lol

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro is great at reinventing their line. I would like to see something a bit different for a change from them. A dual freq. unit say having a choice between 8 or 14 or even 10 or 18. Maybe one with a toggle for choosing two tones when running disc below nickle. Something a little different. But just changing a toggle to a button, the freq, color, or even the name is not impressive. I did not run out and buy the black vaquero when I already have a gray one. Certainly not going to take a loss selling a perfectly good working detector to pay more for the same detector because it's a different color with a different coil on it. When you can buy just the coil itself, put it on the one you already have. I for one would like to see something brilliant from them for a change. But hey, like the old saying goes " if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle some of them with BS." That seems to be Tesoro's motto over the past while... lol

Pentechnic has a few mods I'd like to see available to us.....

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell all your great ideas to Tesoro.

Maybe drop a line to my congressman also... lol. But it's just others have these features. Pirate Pro, Deeptech, Goldenmask, on their non VDI models. Would seem simple enough for Tesoro to start offering these features and keep them under a grand. I'd probably buy one if Tesoro offered a dual freq. unit. But hey, what do I know. :dontknow:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Vaquero 2 , multi frequency machine 6.7, 14.7 and 17.8 KHz machine, with super tune still built in features along with ground conditioning Alkali switch, all the same Vaquero features but mabye a Bandido 2 all metal retune switch instead of pintpoint button as the Vaquero has and with Tejon Trigger switch instead along with the VCO tone break, three coil pack with wireless headphones, weather proof not necessarly water proof. Later in 2019 maybe a All Purpose Multi detector with all the above incl water proof display and backlight but I could care less, maybe asking too much...:laughing7: as I still listen more then observe to what is on the screen while hunting as an intermediate detectorist...as I am going to dig anyways. DOG gone it 's all good.

That's all.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've yet to find anything substantial going over ground with my 800 that has been hit with my Tejon and F75.....other than some crusty clad. Nothing crazy deep or silver so who knows. I'll hold on to my Tejon though. Still an amazing picker in iron.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an FYI as well, I picked up the T2 Classic similar to F75 with no extra fancy extras and will try this out this spring as I got this late fall and never had the chance to test it out in the ground yet, will post back with my finds though...any who...your right in comparison to the others and just looking at the videos less even trying these other great machines out as I imagine are great similar detectors with respect to the more discussed forumns on the Deus vs Minelab 600/800 to F75/T2 style of mid to high line detectors next to Tesoro mid line detectors... I think we detectorists are sitting pretty good for a few years of heavy huntin yet!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread