Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vaquero will give the correct audio ID. The audio tone that the Vaquero gives for iron is different from the audio tone that the it gives for dimes and quarters. Once you learn how to properly use a Vaquero then it will become abundantly clear how easily it is to distinguished flat iron from a silver dime or quarter. The only time that I get fooled is when I'm not paying attention. It only takes a few seconds for me to realize my mistake by the way my pin-pointer reacts in the hole. I cover up the hole and scan the hole again with the search coil. Then I realize, that my Vaquero's audio is clearly telling me that it's iron not a coin.

I would highly suggest that people who are just starting out using a Vaquero should read, 'Mastering The Tejon And Vaquero Metal Detectors".

tabman

Thats my problem! 139 IQ, in mentally gifted minors program through most of my schooling. I am just not paying attention. That, my friend is an insult. Screw this I'm bringing my bong to Fletch's crib!

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats my problem! 139 IQ, in mentally gifted minors program through most of my schooling. I am just not paying attention. That, my friend is an insult. Screw this I'm bringing my bong to Fletch's crib!

Free your mind Atomic! Sometimes simple is better!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• JohnWho.jpg
    JohnWho.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 119

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me too!!!!!!!!!

tabman

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I call it, "Restrained silence." 8-)

My Nanny called it, "Doing right." She said, "If you ain't going to say somethin' nice, you keep your mouth shut." :occasion14:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it, "Restrained silence." 8-)

My Nanny called it, "Doing right." She said, "If you ain't going to say somethin' nice, you keep your mouth shut." :occasion14:

Hehehe!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Outlaw today and it is broken. Now I'm thinking of just sending back in trade for the Vaquero. What do y'all think? I have used the Vaq and i don't really care for the 8x9 concentric coil. Anyone here like the Vaq Black? I might consider it and order a separate coil with it. The outlaw came sealed up, when i opened the box i seen the toggle switch was broken clean off the machine. So I continued and assembled it to find that it was acting retarted when i tried to ground balance it. After a few minutes i realized the ground balance pot was all smurfed up as well. When i gently wiggle it the machine goes nuts!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
This is too funny, I saw the tittle and thought this must be a race joke.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my Outlaw today and it is broken. Now I'm thinking of just sending back in trade for the Vaquero. What do y'all think? I have used the Vaq and i don't really care for the 8x9 concentric coil. Anyone here like the Vaq Black? I might consider it and order a separate coil with it. The outlaw came sealed up, when i opened the box i seen the toggle switch was broken clean off the machine. So I continued and assembled it to find that it was acting retarted when i tried to ground balance it. After a few minutes i realized the ground balance pot was all smurfed up as well. When i gently wiggle it the machine goes nuts!

I have a Black V with 11x8 and 5.75 concentric as my other choice, makes sense to me to have this as a good mix, I to am thinking of a Outlaw or Compadre 8" as my other choice to go to here.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a very special, one-of-a-kind Vaquero. It is equipped with the 11" x 8" Widescan, and a 9" x 8" coil on an extra lower rod. The machine, serial # 210637, was built specifically for me, and I watched it being built as I followed along during its production at the Prescott, Arizona factory. As it was being tuned, I had a Yavapai Medicine Man bless it.

It floats above gold targets. Literally just gravitates over the gold. It's the darndest thing! :skullflag:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very special, one-of-a-kind Vaquero. It is equipped with the 11" x 8" Widescan, and a 9" x 8" coil on an extra lower rod. The machine, serial # 210637, was built specifically for me, and I watched it being built as I followed along during its production at the Prescott, Arizona factory. As it was being tuned, I had a Yavapai Medicine Man bless it.

It floats above gold targets. Literally just gravitates over the gold. It's the darndest thing! :skullflag:
That's nothing special.....I have a Tejon just like it!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly....if the Vaquero was to b my main machine I would want the 11x8 widescan, the 9x8 concentric and the 5.75 concentric to be prepared for about anything,,,,......up to you which color machine you want....

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i done my research and was thinking on the outlaw. Not sure if i should just get a new shipped or scrap the whole idea and go with the Vaq? The outlaw doesn't seem to be very popular but i was wanting to try it because of the low frequency. Not so much worried about getting the three coils even though it is nice. I can purchase the ones i need.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i done my research and was thinking on the outlaw. Not sure if i should just get a new shipped or scrap the whole idea and go with the Vaq? The outlaw doesn't seem to be very popular but i was wanting to try it because of the low frequency. Not so much worried about getting the three coils even though it is nice. I can purchase the ones i need.

Of the two I prefer the Vaquero...have had/used both and the Outlaw is a shade less chatty in heavy iron trash. But in every other way I feel the Vaq is the better machine. Vaq is a little deeper even on silver coins. Also the red push button on the Outlaw serves two purposes and is prone to problems, unless something has been changed. Tesoro did repair it for free ofcourse....but I prefer the controls on the older Bandido 2. Vaquero is really superior in open farm fields where it can be ran hot! Either will make finds for you and they are Tesoro's!!!!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sorry to read that your Outlaw got smurfed... Just send it back and get another one! I don't know what dealer sold it to you, but they should make it right. If they don't, call Allen at Tesoro and ask what to do.

I like the looks of both the black and the gray C,V, and T models which come either way. I haven't found either color to work any differently though. In fact, my older gray Tejon seems deeper than my newer black one... Probably my imagination. I won't try to talk you into or out of any Tesoro model. I have Vaqueros and put quite a few hours in with one, and found lots with it! I recently had that same one converted to the "high tone", and now it's better still.

I tell you what though, I've been liking my Outlaw even more. That's all I have to say about that.
^_^

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Me Too Tabman....The Black one looks damn good :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG