More coils for the Golden micromax ...

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I was hoping that with the 3 coil Outlaw package, at least one of these new coils would work on the Golden. Today with temps in the mid 50's, a lot of snow has melted and I had some nice dryer ground to do some testing over the ground. The 11 x 8 RSD works on the Golden "ok" for the higher conductors ( short, almost clippers, but not quite) but nice and clear in the gold range. Rusty at Tesoro told me he did not think it work that well without calibration, and even then it would not add any real depth (he was right). When I switch it to all metal and pump the coil, it is a little negative on the ground balance. I can live with this because I can use it on the sports fields looking for the lower mid tone gold signals.

The 8" concentric will not work very well of the ground at all on the Golden, the ground balance is quite negative in the all metal mode and it falses easily in the disc mode, so it stays on the Outlaw.

NOW the 5.75 concentric is the real surprise... Only faintly negative ground balance in the all metal, which is probably good, as most of you probably know, because of the positive offset when you switch to disc mode. At any rate, I cannot believe how hard everything hits with this coil! It air tests an inch or more deeper than the 7" widescan, outside I can put the sensitivity all the way up without getting chatty and the silver dime hits in the high tone all the to the end of detection depth. Super excited! I now have two coils that work perfectly for the Golden without having to send her in to get calibrated, and it looks like the larger widescan might work ok for searching gold in the big fields (will need to actually test this out a bit more).

:hello2:

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you! I glad you found a couple of search coils that work. I went through a bunch of search coils to get the perfect one for my Golden µMax.

tabman

OP
OP
H

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you! I glad you found a couple of search coils that work. I went through a bunch of search coils to get the perfect one for my Golden µMax.

tabman

What was most surprising is how hard and sold that 5 3/4 concentric hits on the silver... There is a noticeable difference between the silver and clad dimes, at least to my ears, and in the air test, the silver dime breaks up about an inch away more than the clad. It's seems unusual to me, and can only attribute it to the coil and fixed GB on the golden being in sinc. Don't really know just a thought, but that coil is nice as well. I have read a great deal on the forums praising this coil, now I can see why.

Can't wait to try it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread