Tesoro Tejon Getting A Little Runtime

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more I use the Tejon the better I like it. It just amazes me how deep and hard it hits nickels and how well it separates targets in high trash areas. It works great with the 8 inch doughnut search coil attached, but it's like a different animal when I attach the 5.75 inch concentric search coil. I can see why people say that once they put 5.75 concentric search coil on they never take it off.

With the discrimination set just above iron it would be hard for a target to hide from that combo. Yesterday I found 17 nickels including a war nickel and a buffalo nickel. Most were really deep and it was at a site that I've been over a couple of times. The way I figure it, with the Tejon being so hot on nickels I can see it doing really well on gold rings.

tabman

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I plan to give the old girl a whirl or two again this year. The last time I took it out I scampered tiredly through a small tot lot then went home. That winter I took a closer look at a small bent ring that I grabbed that day from that small play swing set area. It turned out to be gold. I remember how strongly it hit, but then it was in shallow sand. It was still a delightful surprise though.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a used one. First, it was clean, I mean spotless. I cannot say it is spotless now. Went to a new Civil War permission and after bounding aimlessly through the woods awhile decided to explore a rock pile - that is a collapsed Civil War chimney. After getting what's left of a bullseye canteen, dug 5 gorgeous eagle buttons, a brass kepi buckle, a lot of nails, a nice porcelain button and after I dug a bunch of junk iron scattered through the woods pulled out a csa plate. I'm keeping mine. Also had it in a field I have worked 2 years yesterday, and the little bugger was pulling many more smaller targets out of the ground. Nothing spectacular though.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a used one. First, it was clean, I mean spotless. I cannot say it is spotless now. Went to a new Civil War permission and after bounding aimlessly through the woods awhile decided to explore a rock pile - that is a collapsed Civil War chimney. After getting what's left of a bullseye canteen, dug 5 gorgeous eagle buttons, a brass kepi buckle, a lot of nails, a nice porcelain button and after I dug a bunch of junk iron scattered through the woods pulled out a csa plate. I'm keeping mine. Also had it in a field I have worked 2 years yesterday, and the little bugger was pulling many more smaller targets out of the ground. Nothing spectacular though.

Nice going! In the right hands Tesoro detectors are deadly.

tabman

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Tejon was a huge learning curve for me as my first machine after an ACE 250. I did have a couple of years with it and did really well on an old fur trade site, and yards of one room school houses out in the country. I never felt that I got everything out of it though as it was always a touch more capable than my abilities. But some water has gone under the bridge and I feel more up to the machine now. I love my AT Pro for its diversity but I kept the Tejon for its sensitivity and depth.

kaolinwasher

Greenie
Jun 21, 2014
Isainti county Minnesota
Detector(s) used
currently own a Euro saber, silver micromax with ground balance mode, & a updated mirage P.I custom built by sven
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tab you are right on , it loves those lower conductors - good digs bro

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tejon is one bad machine, 2 tone v-break would have been icing on the cake

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread