Tiger shark ground balance

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have had my tiger shark a few months now and today when doing my ground balance the whoosh that it made since new just stopped . So thinking the machine wasnt working I changed the batteries thinking tey was bad but nope still no whoosh until I turn the knob like 30 times then its just a second . Now I have been hunting with it every day and some days twice or more .... My question is is this normal ? Can it be broken in ? Or should I send it in ? ?... before anyone asks yes it works and works supper good as I'm finding dimes 10" deep with no problems .. basically im just curious if this is normal for the machine

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only makes the threshold sound in all metal. disc is silent.

OP
OP
james199

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not what I'm saying .. when I used to ground balance it would make a whoosh whoosh sound as I turned the knob now it doesn't make any noise while I turn it .. I was just wondering if I need to send it in or keep using it as it is hitting items deeper now than when new and when I first turn it on I only get about 4-5 battery beeps even if the batteries are new and when I first got it I would get like 9 beeps.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's not what I'm saying .. when I used to ground balance it would make a whoosh whoosh sound as I turned the knob now it doesn't make any noise while I turn it .. I was just wondering if I need to send it in or keep using it as it is hitting items deeper now than when new and when I first turn it on I only get about 4-5 battery beeps even if the batteries are new and when I first got it I would get like 9 beeps.

Call the factory, explain what is happening, follow the advice they give you. Good Luck, and let us know how it works out! :occasion14:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a whoosh whoosh sound?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On my Vaquero when Im ground balancing, if I turn the knob to the right it's silent, as I turn it to the left , the threshold squeels then dies out each time to turn it.

Every time.

OP
OP
james199

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called Tesoro today and it seems my machine is working ok and the ground balance pot is now broken in ..lol.. I must say I do love my Tiger Shark metal detector and after talking to the tech I'm stoked for the upcoming weekend

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my Vaquero when Im ground balancing, if I turn the knob to the right it's silent, as I turn it to the left , the threshold squeels then dies out each time to turn it.

Every time.

Mine does the same Steve, heard that its normal, before I start I go all the way neg and adjust from there, alot quieter

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine does the same Steve, heard that its normal, before I start I go all the way neg and adjust from there, alot quieter

Good idea. Thanks, I'll do that next time.

Just got a Compadre, dunno what I dont like more, the Vaquero ground balance squeal or the battery check blasting solid tone on the Compadre.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had several models that made quirky sound while ground balancing any where near electrical interference, yet become smooth when miles away in the country. However, once the basically neutral (balanced) setting is reached, they performed as they should when detecting.
luvsdux

Billwilliams

Sep 11, 2022
I've had several models that made quirky sound while ground balancing any where near electrical interference, yet become smooth when miles away in the country. However, once the basically neutral (balanced) setting is reached, they performed as they should when detecting.
luvsdux
I have a like new tiger shark 2. I lost my instructions. When ground balancing, go to all metals? Then which way do I turn the knob to get started balancing?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread