Who has a deleon and can share your thoughts?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up selling mine. Just never bonded with it, and it wasn't any deeper than my Vaquero. It has decent depth, but I like the Tejon and Vaquero much better. :skullflag:

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro deleon,compadre , silver micromax,bandido
I don't have the experience of others but If you like tesoros I feel the Deleon and compadre got it covered, in my ground anyway. Should get rid of my silver umax and bandido cuz to me it just doesn't make sense to use them. It's the deepest detector I got and in threshold based all metal, super deep . Just be aware on targets legitimately 8+.... The screen can't be relied on. While I'm sharing my opinions I've never liked the silver umax. I feel the compadre is as least it's equal and has a truer all metal mode while sharing the same depth. i do really like my original bandido. It has a super sweet high tone and a wonderful no motion pinpoint in all metal I wish my Deleon had. But it's no depth demon, about the same as compadre. But once I've used the Deleon, it's nice to have the additional info and added depth. Sure, I wish it had ground balance but works great for me.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my Deleon.
But for me it's strictly a coin shooting machine. It's probability graph feature really shines for finding coins and silvers. As far as other hunting I've heard good things but never grab it for field hunting. Usually just take mine along with my compadre for park coin hunting.
It's really really good at letting you know when it's a coin, but in my experience beyond that it will hinder my decision making because of the graphs and how they react to gold and other things.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like mine and have found many coins and some rings with it. The preset ground works well in most of the areas I detect and the ID is pretty accurate. I use it primarily for a park/sport field coin shooter and it serves quite well.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread