What is Tesoro's best selling detector of all time and still used mostly today?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's some catalog info: Tesoro Catalogs

I don't know which is or has been the all time best seller, but I'd guess that the Compadre would take that honor.
Of the models currently sold, the Outlaw is presently my favorite. ^_^

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the historical catalog website, this is exactly what I was looking for and especially the chronological history up and till then.. I wanted to see the last detectors that Tesoro has released until 2004, as I was wondering about the release date of the Vaquero that I had purchased even though I have the "black V".

I see that there has been no releases after 2004, to me that means Tesoro must be going strong and have established themselves with their existing product lines as their top of the lines they have so far.

As the old saying goes "If it aint broke don't fix it".

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had to guess I would say the Vaquero or Cibola would be up there as maybe the best sellers....?
The discontinued Bandido 2 Umax and Silver Sabre Umax have become very sought after as some of the Best ever Tesoros, but I have no idea how many they sold compared to say a Vaquero.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...I see that there has been no releases after 2004, to me that means Tesoro must be going strong and have established themselves with their existing product lines as their top of the lines they have so far.

As far as I know, the only new release since '04 was the Outlaw, which came along in '12 (as well as a couple newer coils..).
BTW, it's presently my favorite of the currently produced models. Outlaw was introduced due to so many folks wishing for a model similar to the old Bandido II microMAX, which offered superb iron rejection, higher audio tone and a true non-motion all-metal mode. Some people didn't like that release of the Outlaw, saying that Tesoro should have simply re-released the old Bandido... I have both, and the Outlaw works great!

I still think that the Compadre was the top seller. Many of us have more than one. I bought two of 'em, and gave them to two of my kids. For the money, I think it's their most productive offering and quite a bargain.
Suppose you could always email Allen @ Tesoro and ask which is their top seller... ^_^

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread