The Original Bandido

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a closet queen Bandido that I never really used before getting out of the hobby in the mid 1990's. I havent used it much because when I got back in the hobby a couple of years ago I went hog wild buying new machines. I have loved every second of it too. I have tried to find some articles on the web on the Bandido but there is not much on them. I owned two metal boxed ElDorados and knew how to use them. You could of not gave me two 1265's for my ELDO for Civil War Hunting. The Bandido ( non umax ) seems very powerful and I look forward to loading it into the truck this Spring with all the other Tesoro Machines I own. Can you give me a character reference and some back ground on this old girl ? Thanks

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 1265 is a fine machine.. if the bandido is better. I'd say you have a fine relic machine.

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RD66...

For a character reference..I wrote the field test for the Outlaw, as far as the Bandido, I bought mine brand new and still use it. I compared the two detectors in my write up on the Outlaw but it got edited out by some three people at Tesoro. They butchered my original review.

...As far as the your Bandido, I don't have a clue as what you know about it....But I have a lot of hours on mine...it is set up with the thick bodied 7" concentric coil and have used the Troy X2 Super Seven on it. Both coils are great at separation but the white thick body 7" separates better than the black and thin Troy X2 SS7. The 10 turn Ground Balance is easy to adjust and I want a neutral GB setting when the Threshold stays the same volume sound when pumping the coil towards a clean spot on the ground. I run all the Sensitivity the area will allow with a stable operation.

Whimpster

Jan 30, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Teknetics G2
E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd love to read your original review....it's apparent some can't stand the truth...

Cheer HH

Hi RD66...

For a character reference..I wrote the field test for the Outlaw, as far as the Bandido, I bought mine brand new and still use it. I compared the two detectors in my write up on the Outlaw but it got edited out by some three people at Tesoro. They butchered my original review.

...As far as the your Bandido, I don't have a clue as what you know about it....But I have a lot of hours on mine...it is set up with the thick bodied 7" concentric coil and have used the Troy X2 Super Seven on it. Both coils are great at separation but the white thick body 7" separates better than the black and thin Troy X2 SS7. The 10 turn Ground Balance is easy to adjust and I want a neutral GB setting when the Threshold stays the same volume sound when pumping the coil towards a clean spot on the ground. I run all the Sensitivity the area will allow with a stable operation.

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Whimpster..we have posted back and forth on another forum..I post under Hombre. I really did not find anything too annoying with the Outlaw...other than the stupid red "retune" button. If an operator only used the 3 position Mode switch, that would keep a bunch of newbs out of trouble.. by not using the Retune properly and think it is malfunctioning.

Randy

Edit to add::: I really liked the Outlaw so much that I bought the test unit from the review... Rusty H. did not give me a free detector for doing the review.......I bought it because it is a close cousin to the first Bandido. It has a better Disc. circuit than the Bandido ll µMax...IMHO

Last edited:
OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am older now and enjoy taking several detectors when relic hunting and I plan to put a new wide scan on the Bandido and will enjoy it along with the others. Thank You for the input. I didnt mean to put down the 1265 X . I paid a lot of money for a 1260 X when they came out and was disappointed. I switched to an Inca with a large wide scan coil and never looked back

Whimpster

Jan 30, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Teknetics G2
E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Randy,

Yes we have spoke on other forum...hope I didn't rub you the wrong way:)
I'm all brand new to the Tesoro line of detectors...kick myself in the butt for taking me so long to get my first tesoro.
I am truly impressed with this type of detector...it's put the fun back into detecting for me...I'm like a kid in a candy store with these detectors...just bought a used older tone golden uMax and a clean sweep 3x18 coil.
This makes five tesoro's in the last six mouths...I've got a ton to learn on them but it's all been fun so far...
As for the outlaw I was a heart beat away from ordering a new one...but a good used Bandido II microMax came up and they are rare as rocking horse poop to find in Canada.
I enjoy your strait shooting on issues..sometimes the truth just hurts...
I can see a Outlaw in my future....I do love the Banaido II microMax.

Thanks for responding....

Cheers Bob HH
Hi there Whimpster..we have posted back and forth on another forum..I post under Hombre. I really did not find anything too annoying with the Outlaw...other than the stupid red "retune" button. If an operator only used the 3 position Mode switch, that would keep a bunch of newbs out of trouble.. by not using the Retune properly and think it is malfunctioning.

Randy

Edit to add::: I really liked the Outlaw so much that I bought the test unit from the review... Rusty H. did not give me a free detector for doing the review.......I bought it because it is a close cousin to the first Bandido. It has a better Disc. circuit than the Bandido ll µMax...IMHO

Last edited:
OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This thread is about the original Bandido that came out in the 90's. Not the umax

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is about the original Bandido that came out in the 90's. Not the umax

Ahh OK cool. Just wanted to ask. Rather than ask questions about the wrong machine lol.
The umax models are the same. Bandido doesn't have the threshold but the II does.
Was confused.
I seeyself picking out one of the originals to help round out the collection.
Just gotta pick which one first haha.
Easy part is deciding to pick one up.
Hard part is which one.
Thanks for the reply and happy hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread