DeLeon Silver

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been working the DeLeon pretty hard this last week taking advantage of the warmer weather. CleanSweep coil, disc set at a hair above iron (Edit: My disc is modded so this is more like right above small foil), max sense.

Two hunts totaling about 4 hours. Dug lots clad and two silvers. A small eagle pendant and a 1945 mercury dime. Both from pounded parks.

1_20_17DeLeon.jpg

The DeLeon is proving to be a good detector. Its a odd machine and I can see why people think poorly of it. Buts it not a bad machine at all, and it seems to me, that if all anyone ever did was give it a couple solid hunts, and then right it off, they did themselves a disservice.

It is good at hitting small high conductors. I've dug far more dimes in the last couple hunts than I have with any machine. Not that I have ton of experience with other machines. But with my Bandid II UMax, dimes would give nothing more than a pop if I didn't work an area slowly.

The audio of the DeLeon is better to me than the Bandido as-well. I thought I would never say that but its just the truth to me. Low conductors fart and sound raspy. High conductors sing, and this is not something you really have to listen for, there is such a distinction. Its to the point that I dont have to even look at the screen it so obvious.

Merc was at about 5 inches. Pendant 2".

1_20_17DeLeonCoins.jpg

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a pretty good hall you have there! Excellent work with the Deleon!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
on your Bandido..

....with my Bandido II UMax, dimes would give nothing more than a pop if I didn't work an area slowly.
The audio of the DeLeon is better to me than the Bandido as-well....

I haven't had a DeLeon so can't comment on its audio, but know that when I don't get solid signals on coins with my Bandido (and others), it's usually 'cause my GB is too positive...
Just a thought - maybe power balance your Bandido in disc mode and see how it hits on dimes. I try to run my Bandido right at the limit of negative, to where it's just a little bit chirpy while swinging.
Mine hits hard on every size coin that way, and I know that's how it also gets the best depth.:sunny:

OP
OP
G

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a pretty good hall you have there! Excellent work with the Deleon!

Thanks! I hope to have it paid off by the end of the year lol.

Thought I would add that I was a bit worried about masking. I had heard, and saw that the DeLeon was bad about masking targets. But I'm finding this to be not so true. If the DeLeon produces a solid audio signal and the VDI shows something below your disc setting (Iron), then its iron masking a good target. For an example, I dug a nickle next to a flat piece of iron. The nickle hit on the ID at around 1-7 and gave a raspy but solid hit. I shouldn't have been hearing a target at 1-7 on the vdi, at-least not repeatably. Dig the sounds!

Ebay Pendant: Sterling Silver - 3D Patriotic American Bald Eagle 2.4g - Charm Pendant HD1783 | eBay

Thats not my ebay account lol, just a reference.

OP
OP
G

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had a DeLeon so can't comment on its audio, but know that when I don't get solid signals on coins with my Bandido (and others), it's usually 'cause my GB is too positive...
Just a thought - maybe power balance your Bandido in disc mode and see how it hits on dimes. I try to run my Bandido right at the limit of negative, to where it's just a little bit chirpy while swinging.
Mine hits hard on every size coin that way, and I know that's how it also gets the best depth.:sunny:

Most of my hunting is done with the CleanSweep and I think that has a fair amount to do with the popping dimes with the Bandido. I do and have ran this combo with a power balance and it did help. Another problem I have is that I move far to fast.. I zone out lol :icon_cyclops_ani:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread