Mojave and the new 7" concentric coil - How do you like them ?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't in good conscience give a view yet on the Mojave because I haven't run mine yet enough to give my view. I believe it will be a wonderful and long running detector in the Tesoro line. Fits just above the compadre and below the cibola nicely as far as price to performance.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojave and the new 7" concentric coil - How do you like them ?

..just picked up from the post office and put it together. Looks nice.

First impressions: airtests a nickel at about 7" with disc set to make a bottlecap start to break (right past "i" in iron), sensitivity nearly all the way up (at 3:00; just into red zone) and GB switched to low. Seems pretty good on the airtest.

I just got the Mojave in today. I ensured the sensitivity and disc were setup the same as above and "pinenut's" results mirror my results exactly.

Also tested the reactivity (separation) with multiple coins (6 coins 3-4 inches apart).

My son loves the machine and we are going hunting together this weekend.

Because I was curious, I also performed the same tests with my Deus and I'm sorry to report that the Mojave doesn't hold a candle to the depth or separation speed (reactivity) of the XP. The separation speed of the Mojave is comparable to the Deus with a reactivity of 2 which is still very fast (Deus is adjustable up to 5). When the Deus is turned up game over.

All in all I think the Mojave is a great little machine and I'm not sorry about the purchase. Like I said in a different thread...there's something about a nice light detector that only takes a single 9v and is super simple to use = fun. Not to mention it's fast and has respectable depth. I've just been spoiled with the Deus. The Mojave is 1/5th the cost of the Deus (WS4 with remote), so your getting a great little detector for the price.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should receive my new Mojave next week, and I let you how it works. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread