Hey Stoofs

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSCN0122.JPG DSC02608.JPG

I dug these 2 this year, off to a great start although they are not the best condition. I was going to pm you but couldn't figure out how to upload photos in a pm.:occasion14:

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bibelot
If I may join in, which detector were you using to find these beauties?

OP
OP
B

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bibelot
If I may join in, which detector were you using to find these beauties?
I always take multiple machines and switch out as I hunt .I didn't really pay attention but I am going to say they were both found with the CTX 3030.Any detector swept over them would have found them as they were only about 6" deep, maybe a little less than 6 on the 1903.I mixed salt,white cider vinegar and flour to make a paste to get the patina off the 1903 as it was unrecognizable at first.Last summer I dug a 1877 Indianhead,I can't remember the machine but I only had three Tesoro's back then but then I passed out due to dehydration/low blood pressure.When I came to,I bolted to the VA center.When finally released,I couldn't find the penny.Later in the week a Garrett metal detectorist told me he found it but not where I had lost it.There will be more,Stoofs made the comment that I was lucky to be in an area with Indianheads, thus my reason for the post.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are indeed lucky live in an area with Indianheads. Indeed you are. I was so hoping that you found them with the DeLeon. But like you say, "any detector swept over them would have found them."

I know full well there has to be some Indianheads in this city park I've been hunting. It's been a city park for a very long time. Many treasures await my grandson and I.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bibelot!!!
Yeah those are rare from what I've found in my area!!
Still to cold and snowy here in Michigan for hunting. Even when the snow melts the ground is frozen past the surface.
Very nice finds though!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread