Good News For Tesoro - Bad News For Those Wanting A Mojave

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the dealers sold all of Mojave detectors that they just received and are now starting to put their customers on a back order list. Tesoro only has enough parts for a another short production run. There may not be enough Mojave detectors to go around for those on a waiting list. It gets worse, once Tesoro runs out of production parts to build the Mojave it could take months to get all the parts ordered and in from its vendors for another production run.

If you know of any dealer who has any Mojave detectors in stock, please let others know.

tabman

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All i know is .. Big Boys Hobbies .. here on Tnet has them listed as in stock you must be looking in all the wrong places.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All i know is .. Big Boys Hobbies .. here on Tnet has them listed as in stock you must be looking in all the wrong places.

That's good to hear! I also checked another dealer's site and it's showing that they're in stock, BUT he is also posting on the forums that he has them all sold and has people on a waiting list.

I just found the link. http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/tesoro-mojave-metal-detector

tabman

Last edited:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes! That's great news for Tesoro, selling out like that only means new life and strength for our favorite American detector manufacturer, which in turn means new research and development, which in turn means more future new models, which also means that the company will continue to be around to service the life time warranty on my Golden!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all disappeared on ebay, even the "Mohave" models....

History shows sold....

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They all disappeared on ebay, even the "Mohave" models....

History shows sold....

They sure don't last long! The dealers just got them. Do any of forum sponsors have them? LINK

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It gets worse, once Tesoro runs out of production parts to build the
Mojave it could take months to get all the parts ordered and in from its vendors for another production run.

You don't stay in business by running out of parts to a hot selling product.
If I was the Tesoro CEO, I'd be talking to the Purchasing Manager about
what the hell they've been doing with their time, or even sacking the
PM and hiring a new one that can do the job.

Time to get on the phone with those parts manufacturers!

Someone messed up...bad

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the dealers sold all of Mojave detectors that they just received and are now starting to put their customers on a back order list. Tesoro only has enough parts for a another short production run. There may not be enough Mojave detectors to go around for those on a waiting list. It gets worse, once Tesoro runs out of production parts to build the Mojave it could take months to get all the parts ordered and in from its vendors for another production run.

If you know of any dealer who has any Mojave detectors in stock, please let others know.

tabman

This is pure speculation right Tabman? Seriously, you talked to someone at Tesoro and THEY gave you this information? Do Tell! :coffee2:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is pure speculation right Tabman? Seriously, you talked to someone at Tesoro and THEY gave you this information? Do Tell! :coffee2:

Terry you got the phone number, dial the number and tell us what you learned. I'm a little disappointed that Tesoro didn't come out with a new deep detector with an adjustable audio tone break, but that doesn't mean that the Mojave isn't a great detector in its own right. Give it a try, you'll love it!

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Someone messed up...bad

Tesoro seriously under estimated the popularity of the Mojave. I knew that it was going to be a 'classic' as soon as I read the specs and ordered one immediately.

I'd like to hit them over head about not producing a deep and fast recovery detector with an adjustable audio tone break. Maybe it's in works because we sure didn't know anything about them working on the Mojave.

tabman

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
classic banner

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My predictions were correct that your Mojave would prove to be a 'classic' banner. How quickly this came WoW and congrats again!

doggoneitdignit.

Glassy

Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure it's going to be classic. Sounds like the same old Tesoro machine released several times in the past.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing to worry about.. there will be plenty for everyone; pretty typical situation. Same thing with the Z-Lynk and IPhone. Back in stock soon enough.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Tesoro did not come out with new detectors for many years, they knew that when they did, it would be in great demand. Shame on Tesoro for not ordering more parts then they did. Good hunting and good luck.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If people would quit buying the Mojave detectors up so fast, Tesoro could catch up with demand. I knew when I read the specs and the manual that the Mojave was going to be a super hot detector so I ordered one from Rusty immediately. When I got the Mojave in my hands I was totally elated how well it worked. I'm thinking about buying a back-up Mojave!

Yeah, I'm additive to the Mojave and for good reason!

tabman

Last edited:

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If people would quit buying the Mojave detectors up so fast, Tesoro could catch up with demand. I knew when I read the specs and the manual that the Mojave was going to be a super hot detector so order one from Rusty immediately. When I got the Mojave in my hands I was totally elated how well it worked. I'm thinking about buying a back-up Mojave!

Yeah, I'm additive to the Mojave and for good reason!

tabman
I voted for banner find for you.That is a heck of a reason to like the Mojave, the silvers are just icing on the cake.

Cuervo

Aug 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Someone messed up...bad

Hello. My wife worked at TMX International for ten years. When she resigned, she was a Quality Control Inspector. Make of that what you will. No disrespect intended.
I can wait.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro is not going to ship out any detector until it has been thoroughly checked. Tesoro backs up its quality control with a lifetime warranty.

Right now the folks at Tesoro are trying their very best to meet the huge demand for this super hot little detector that's called the Mojave.

I predicted that the Mojave was going to be a 'classic' by just reading the specs. When I first tried it out I was 100% sure it would become a super 'classic'.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread